What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Betsy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Today Dad and I planted marigolds, zinnias, cosmos, and bachelor's buttons in the garden and I planted nasturtiums around the well pipe. Dad also planted an upside down tomato with two verbena plants on top.

Last Saturday Dad planted tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, beans, and cucumbers while I was enjoying my first ever visit to Chicago with a group from my church. I was disappointed that he planted the bulk of the garden without me-but my trip to Chicago was quite an experience!:cool:

I still want to plant flowers around the electric poles and the sewer pipes, but since I have amend the soil a bit that project can wait a day or so :)

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I didn't plant today (yet) but yesterday ( I think it was yesterday, anyhow..) I planted carrots, lettuces, beets, pickling cukes and spaghetti squash.
Yesterday I went to the greenhouse run by an Amish family and bought a few plants ( since we just moved here in March, I didn't get as much a head start with seedlings as I wanted),-- celery, some bell and hot peppers (my seedlings aren't growing much), rosemary (ditto- not doing much) and some started pickling cukes ( since I decided I'm going to put up a bunch of pickles this year for gifts and eating!)
I've got all kinds of seedlings started and on the sunporch waiting to see if we get more frost. Since I'm in a new zone, in Northern Maine, and they tell me they've seen lots of frost in early June, I figure they are better off on the sunporch for a while yet!
Moreseedlings.jpg

Here are some of the seedlings
Rosemary.jpg

And my rosemary, after putting it into a clay pot ( because in my zone, unless I bring it in, it's an annual-- and I'd like to keep it growing if I can)

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I planted basil today. I could have planted it earlier but just had not gotten around to it. I love basil on so many things and it is so much better to be able to walk out my kitchen door and grab what I want than get it from who knows where at the grocery store.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm planting my new wine barrels today. The plants have been in my cold frames.

So far my extra culinary herbs....marjoram, Italian basil, regular and purple sage, Highland Cream thyme (I love looking at that one!), oregano, and some flowers.

So far, the petunias, and pansys. I've still got some to go, but the Shell Pink petunia looks nice in the barrel.

Now just another 2 cold frames worth to go....... :D

shmoobavaria

Sprout
Reaction score
i planted some pansy starts. :p
we are remodleing our side yard and my dad decited it should be rock themed. :rolleyes: so he wants some "stepable" plants.. lol. we are also going to have hydrangias(sp?) lilac, and hopefully some pretty roses. i really want a pretty climbing plant for our arbor... any sugestions? :D

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last weekend we planted a "Beauty" plum tree to go along with our "Mariposa". In the garden green peppers.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Today we planted, a pear tree, 2 boxwoods, a rhodedenrum, 4 evergreen shrubs, some bee balm, 8 more lavendar, salvia and some creeping thyme in between the stones in 2 of the walkways.
In the vegetable garden:
several different varieties each of tomatos, cucumbers, peppers, onions, lettuce,watermelons, corn, carrots, beans,pumpkins, spinach, nasturtiums and 40 strawberry plants.
I also planted 30 different herbs and started a compost pile.
We had 6 yards of soil delivered today which is a mix of loam and compost,it looked beautiful.The driver told me that "this stuff is so good you could grow kids in it. :)
So we hauled all that around back and filled in the area where we ripped up a cement slab.That will be a garden as well, but I have to keep my eye on it to see how much sun that area gets so I will know what will go there.
I think part of it gets alot of sun and the other part very little so we will probably have a mixed sun and shade garden.

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Okay, i planted carrots, beets, yellow and green beans, tomatoes, peppers, sweet corn, spinach, lettuce (mesclun mix), honeydew melon, cucumbers, and zuchini.

My garden plot is20 x 30, if all goes well this year, I will expand next year by 10' to include potatoes and onions. i would have done potatoes this year, but all the planting potatoes wer gone by the time I got my garden done, and I didn't want to buy them not knowing if I would ever even have a garden this year. Hubby came through for me!

Gonna start an herb garden next. :happy_flower

Latest posts