What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That's on my schedule today also. I am trying to get rid of all the mustard. I finished up front now I need to finish in the back.

Monica

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted two lemon verbena, three mini rose bushes. Transplanted three Thai Basil plants.

Lemon verbena makes a very nice soothing tea.

bluebirdfarm

Sprout
Reaction score
i planted cucumbers, scalloped squash , zucchini squash , yellow crookneck squash and hot hungarian wax peppers.and some red verbena
:rose

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I repotted 5 cyprus trees.
Waiting for DH to prep the area for DGD's secret garden.

Monica

chixrule

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and this thread seems fun.

The past couple weeks I've put in my vegetable garden. I've planted an onion mix, lettuce, cucumbers (I'll try my hand at pickling this year again. Last years pickles were yucky, but the cucumbers were really good), tomato plants (a nice mix from a local backyard greenhouse), a melon mix (there were 13 plants, down to 4 thanks to the local ginormous wood chuck). I sill have more room. I'll hit the plant store this weekend and see what I can kill, err plant.

My flower beds have various plants in them. I really don't know their names, but they had pretty pictures on the tags. I just planted some lavender, a lily of some sort, hens and chicks, black eyed daisies, something called disobedient (??), a spiky perennial plant (the picture was pretty and I think I have some in my other flower garden). My back yard greenhouse place I like to go to is having their half off sales this weekend and everything is $1 next weekend. I like to support local businesses.

Julie

silkieboxerluv

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Today I planted seven packets of pumpkins and more on the way-Oh and 2 packs of snap peas and more bush beans. In the garden total I have 42 tomato plants,12 acorn squash,8 egg plant,12 okra, 18 green peppers,8 yellow and 4 red pepper,8 jalepenos,8 habenros, 8 Serrino peppers, and 8 ancho, 8 brocoli,4 cabbage,12 cuke plants, butternut,spaggettie, and yellow squash, watermellon, cantelope, 3 rows sweet corn, zuchhinni, basil, dill and cilantro and im tired of thinking what else is in there.:/ I cant wait to reap the benefits of hard work.:D

Mosquito

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sounds like a garden after my own heart, er stomach, silkie.

My garden is going in late this year, well my second garden. The first one went under about 6 feet of water. Today I planted 2 gypsy peppers, 1 cowhorn pepper, and 4 tommy toes tomatoes. Already planted are serranos, jalapenos, early girl tomatoes, big boy tomatoes, okra(clemson spineless) grape tomatoes, greeno onions and texas yellow onions.On the porch I have two more little tomatoes, cilantro, cayenne peppers, and a thai pepper.

HenHaven

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This week I will be planting some orange and yellow daylilies that I got on the BYC swap. After a day or so of debating, and an article in Country Home, I splurged and ordered 2 daylily collections from oaksdaylilies.com.

I'm really looking forward to rekindling my love of gardening. When we moved to the foothills, I stopped "gardening" because we had so much natural beauty: oaks, pines, manzanita, that I couldn't figure out how to add to what nature had already provided. Now I am getting a feel for the property, and I'm looking forward to putting my touch here and there.

Latest posts