What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Over the last three days I've been a busy bee!!!!! I sowed 200 flour corn seeds (still have 300 more to go) including Tohono O'odham and Lavendar Parching;

Over 120 Lima beans including Alma's Dutch, Ganymede, Hereboontijie, Hopi Gray, Hopi White Hatiko, Hopi Red, Horn Speckled, Madagascar, Minnie Butterbean, Neptune, Pima Beige, Pima Orange, Purple Eye, Red Calico, Speckled Butterbean, Violet's Multicolor, White Christmas, Willow Leaf Colored, Worchester, Xan's Xmas.(There are still several kinds left to sow that will have to go on the trellis with the long beans).

I've planted out 29 (out of 100+) of the tomatoes including Lange Aemer, Black Plum Paste, Egyptian Paste, Orange Icicle, Principe Borghese, Garden Peach, Wapsipinicon Peach, Peach Blow Sutton, Pink Furry Boar, Chinese Velvet, Marzipan Gold, Hillbilly, Ananas Noire, and Berkeley Tie Dye.

Whew! Going to eat some pasta, take a hot bath and some Aleve!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm trying Berkeley Tie Dye this year too, along with a few other new-to-me varieties. :)

My leeks came in the mail today. I got seeds started indoors and also transplants to set out. Then I picked up my seed potatoes and onion sets at the feed store today. Tomorrow is supposed to be absolutely glorious outside. And it's dry enough to till! I'll move the chickens off of the main garden and onto the little side garden to do their work and I'll be planting those tomorrow. Yay!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Berkeley Tie Dye was another of the tomatoes I grew last year but it was killed by the tornado. A lot of the tomatoes I am growing this year I have been waiting to taste for two years now! It will be fun comparing all our same ones since you and Mary are growing this one, too.

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We were busy this weekend too! I got 4 rows of corn planted, okra, pumpkin,watermelon, green beans, and cucumber. I moved the tomatoes and peppers outside hoping they will perk up and do better. I also, pruned the parsley,mint and cilantro and hung it to dry. Today I cleaned out the chicken coop and moved it so tomorrow I can till under it. I felt very accomplished until I read some if these other posts!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Berkeley Tie Dye was another of the tomatoes I grew last year but it was killed by the tornado. A lot of the tomatoes I am growing this year I have been waiting to taste for two years now! It will be fun comparing all our same ones since you and Mary are growing this one, too.

I am looking forward to the annual tomato thread. :) Love to see pics of all the different kinds, especially sliced! :drool

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have now officially planted some seeds in 4 packs in the basement, bottom watered and covered with a plastic lid. Cherry tomatoes: Sweet Millions and Red Tumbling Tom, Hollyhocks, Queeny Purple, Summer Carnival Mix and Halo Mix, and some Crystal Palace Lobelia that I found from 2013 that I had forgotten to plant. Not expecting much of that one as it wasn't stored properly, but who knows? Only a few seeds from each but my back is not that great and it's about all I want to deal with other than the direct sowing of snow peas, etc in a couple of weeks. :) (assuming the weather continues to warm up!)

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Have never tried Japanese Black Triefle before. Maybe @ninnymary can save us some seeds.

Oooh I didn't know there was an annual tomato thread, great! The most fun name of tomato I'm growing is Dancing with Smurfs. How could I pass that one by? It's a blue cherry.