What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oops, forgot to post on here last weekend when we planted 2 more blueberry bushes. Now we have 4, so that's probably enough for us. We also planted another October Glory maple tree in the front yard.

Today I planted: coleus and impatiens in a small pot that goes under a little metal table where I keep a bird house, sweet potato vine and impatiens in a basket that hangs on our front porch, a spirea bush that I paid for with a gift certificate, and a 6-pack each of Irish Eyes Rudbeckia, shasta daisies, and mixed penstemon. I am very excited because we have been in our house for 6 years and only have some trees and my climbing roses planted. We are finally able to put a little bit of money into the front yard to at least get some shrubs established!!! :weee

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
In a state of utter exhaustion and burned to a crisp- I have planted all my transplants out in the garden!!!! Still need to go out and plant the pumpkins and gourds- give me a minute to rest!!!

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A watermelon hill
Two containers (large harvest baskets) for Strawflowers
One container for mini zinnias
One container for marigolds

...going out to dig a hole for a few gourd seeds next.
Then I think it will be time to jump in the pool. :cool:

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Over the last two days I have taken about 100 cuttings from various flowering plants, so fingers crossed.

I haven't really planted any foodstuffs yet, but during this week I am hoping to get some watermelon seeds in the ground. In theory I should be able to plant all year round with appropriate watering and shade.

I have seen reference to watermelon hills, can someone explain what this is please?

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted more tomatoes today, in total I have about 67 tomatoes planted :D .

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Warthog, a melon or squash hill, is just a few seeds planted together- to make a hill. Some swear by 3, some 5... I plant cukes like that too.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted Painted Mountain flour corn -- right behind (north of) the Buttercup squash.

The corn will have a couple weeks, then I'm planting pole beans on the south and west side of the corn.

I was looking at my hands as I'm planting wondering if an ancestor's hands would have looked the same, dropping the seed into the soil . . .

digitS' :)

Latest posts