What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I planted Painted Mountain flour corn -- right behind (north of) the Buttercup squash.

The corn will have a couple weeks, then I'm planting pole beans on the south and west side of the corn.

I was looking at my hands as I'm planting wondering if an ancestor's hands would have looked the same, dropping the seed into the soil . . .

digitS' :)
I dont know how the ancestors hands would have looked, but I bet the heart would be the same.. love of nature, respect for mother earth!! The joy of raising all that wonderful food.

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
lesa said:
Warthog, a melon or squash hill, is just a few seeds planted together- to make a hill. Some swear by 3, some 5... I plant cukes like that too.
lesa - thanks for that, interesting idea.

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted egg gourds, swan gourds, transplanted peacock striped watermelons, and two packets of bottle gourds (one from Walmart the other from Rareseeds.com) yesterday.

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I transplanted 2 brussel sprouts and 3 zucchini's last night. Little by little the garden gets bigger and bigger. ;)

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This weekend, we transplanted our remaining tomatoes and peppers, loofahs, peppermint, lavender, and many more herbs. The kids planted thier own little plots this weekend as well, including some carrots, flowers, and milkweed to attract some monarchs.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
We're slacking this year with our garden. :( :hide

I did finally plant 4 tomato plants that my mother purchased. The are in an area that we "share" and was also an area, until today, was shared with the chickens and ducks.

I think we're gonna have to keep 'um separated! ;)

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Nifty said:
We're slacking this year with our garden. :( :hide

I did finally plant 4 tomato plants that my mother purchased. The are in an area that we "share" and was also an area, until today, was shared with the chickens and ducks.

I think we're gonna have to keep 'um separated! ;)
Definately! Our Americaunas got out the other day, and headed straight for the garden. They ate some of my baby cucumbers and the corn that was sprouting, and they dug up one of my clematis vines. Silly girls!

Latest posts