What Did You Cook and Eat From Your Garden Today?

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I love the fact that it uses a part that usually just gets thrown out.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score

We had this alongside fish last night and it was so simple and savory. That Julia Child, she sure knew what she was doing! Pic doesn't show it, but it was topped with bread crumbs too. I didn't have enough ripe tomatoes yet, but it was very good with just the squash, zucchini and eggplant fresh from the garden. I also didn't have "Herbs de Provence", but Italian seasoning was similar and quite good too. If you're running out of ideas for what to do with all that squash, try it! Click image for recipe.

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Raw. A big cucumber salad with tomatoes and onions. All from the garden. Doused liberally with olive oil, vinegar, pepper and those little crunchy things you sprinkle on top of a salad. I got to use one of my gourmet English cucumbers that I have trellised in the garden. Most excellent.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The first green beans from the garden, the volunteer Cascade Giant rattlesnake beans.

And! The first Giant Marconi sweet peppers ...

Our raspberries in the fruit salad :)

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had gold raspberries in my oatmeal this morning, leftover potato and green beans for lunch. Supper was tacos with onions, lettuce, and tomatoes from the garden, and I fried some Cubanelle peppers with garlic, and had fried yellow squash. I also made some ice box pickled peppers. Last night I fried purple cabbage with onions and garlic.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For dinner last night - Sauted Marconi and Gypsy peppers and onions from the garden to top a hot dago, and pea pod/tomato/cucumber salad... mmmm summer!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've been eating green beans till we're tired of them. picked a 5 gallon bucket full and gave to co-workers who like green beans. didnt tell them the variety-Roma. couldnt believe size and i threw the older ones away. we've been eating zuccchini-makes great imitation crab cakes and apple cobbler-beets, and cukes. wife picked first 3 tomatoes before something got them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've been eating green beans till we're tired of them. picked a 5 gallon bucket full and gave to co-workers who like green beans. didnt tell them the variety-Roma. couldnt believe size and i threw the older ones away. we've been eating zuccchini-makes great imitation crab cakes and apple cobbler-beets, and cukes. wife picked first 3 tomatoes before something got them.
Imitation crab cakes? recipe please?? You've been holding out on us......now you have to share. :lol:

Latest posts