What Did You Cook and Eat From Your Garden Today?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
That , or one has an internal worm that needs feeding or even a hollow leg that needs some internal solid support.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tonight we had fresh broccoli and zucchini with the meat course and will have red raspberries from the garden on icecream later. :drool

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You had broccoli, Carol!

My broccoli could not be more variable! I harvested one, real nice head this morning ... but also pulled 3 plants that haven't a prayer of providing anything edible. Pinching as many buds as I harvested - the jury is still out on whether the 2nd fertilizing and the hilling accomplished anything.

Oh yes, broccoli for lunch. Snow peas are for dinner, just about now!

Steve

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My radishes bolted, so I pulled them out and made a cream soup from the tops. It tastes a little like watercress. Even DH liked it, and he's a picky eater!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had chicken mole' (pronounced MOLE-lay) I grew the chicken, so that counts! :lol: And our first green beans, lightly steamed and buttered.

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ooh, I love mole! I was weirded out when I was told it had chocolate in it, until I tasted it.

@Smart Red , here's the recipe for the soup. We had it hot, but I'm thinking it would be good cold too...
Radish Top Soup

6 Tb butter
1 cup chopped onions or leeks
8 cups loosely packed radish leaves
2 cups diced peeled potatoes
6 cups liquid (water, chicken stock)
Salt
1/2 cup cream (optional)
Freshly ground pepper

Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan, add onions or leeks, and cook until golden, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in radish tops, cover pan, and cook over low heat until wilted, 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook potatoes until soft in liquid along with 1 teaspoon salt. Combine with radish tops and broth, and cook, covered, for 5 minutes to mingle flavors. Puree finely in a food processor. Add cream if desired. Season to taste with butter, salt and pepper.

Latest posts