What Did You Do In The Garden?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
received_10210081581696884.jpeg

Look at all the hornworms my sister had on her tomatoes. I had never seen so many in my life! She only has a few plants, maybe a dozen. I usually find like 3 or 4. Been watching, but haven't seen them in my tomato patch yet.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had to stake up the tomatoes that are 2' out of their cages and growing like crazy. The beans are starting to bloom, this is the second planting. The first planting got wiped out by birds and bugs and had low germination from the cold soil. I think our zucchini had what called fruit abortion from lack of pollination. We harvested about 5 good zucs and then they started shriveling on the vine. I cut all the bad ones off and all the blooms hope it restarts. If anybody knows or has an ideawhat could be happening I would appreciate any and all advice. The broccoli and cabbage are not liking the heat and just growing foliage think I might pull them up and plant something else ,is it to late to plant bush beans? Oh also the gold ball and Ethel Watkins tomatoes are not doing very good. All other tomatoes are going to town and those two are tiny little puny runts still. Won't plant them again in this climate. Peppers were slow to get going, but have really taken off the last couple weeks and are starting to bloom and set fruits. There is some other things going on we can talk about later... Four legged critters that rhymes with beer lol.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cut all the bad ones off and all the blooms hope it restarts. If anybody knows or has an ideawhat could be happening I would appreciate any and all advice. ..,is it to late to plant bush beans?
Some people use a paint brush to move pollen around in their squash ... I guess.

There are aborted fruit on my summer squash but it is just often enuf to make me struggle to get them off, worried about pathogens.

I used to think that bush beans would most likely make a crop if I could get the seed in the ground anytime during July. About the time I thought that, I couldn't. It depends on our Septembers.

One thing, beans do real good in cool weather until they actually freeze. I'm often almost miserably cold when I'm out picking the last of them.

Steve

Latest posts