What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My peppers are now risking life in the garden.

And, the wind continues to be a factor in that. Maybe next week, things will calm down a little! The temperatures have been okay.

The eggplant and melons are all that remain to go out. The melons were planted late in their containers so they need a little more time. The eggplants won't appreciate that wind! They wilt after a few hours sheltered in my backyard. Taking up residence in the open garden might kill the tender things. I've also nearly killed a tomatillo that was in my absolute best location to harden off ...

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Risking life indeed! We are predicted to have temps in the 34 degree (F) range tonight -- frost a possibility. I'm guessing I'll be bringing in some seedlings and plants that haven't been set in soil yet.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
36 degrees Saturday. Garden planted, hope for no frost... Otherwise I start over.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I weeded the asparagus bed -- most of it for the first time -- and cleaned the other beds of tiny weed starts while Spouse mowed in and around the garden. Here's hoping the weather doesn't turn to frost. We haven't had frost weather since April 10th or so and I know lots of people went whole hog with planting.

I would have myself if Spouse had given me the time. He does have his assets.

Latest posts