What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
not well enough yet. Getting better
Protect your skin ... and, eyes, right?

Tilling, tilling and tilling.

All the tomatoes are in. Tuesday morning is supposed to be 40°f and might drop into the thirties here and there ... Will wait for after that for the peppers ... eggplants ... when? Everything grew well in the greenhouse but warm weather came early.

Back to tilling for sweetcorn. The pumpkins, winter and summer squash plants will go in. I think that they have had enough time to harden off ... to cold, bright sunlight, and today's wind.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted 2 more blueberries in the blueberry pen. They were sort of an impulse, but I had room with the others. That brings me up to a total of 17, counting my 3 dwarf patio ones. Yippee! There are little berries forming on them all and so we'll get to sample all 7 varieties this summer.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
been thinking about planting them again, since they like their feet wet might plant them next year near the kiwis.....

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, finally worked today. Still not well and DS helped, but he got kind of shaky. Normally, DH and DS have put poles up for the pole beans, but just too hard this year. DH had his scans and cancer is on the move again, so his immunotherapy was stopped and on now a different chemo which has mild side effects, no hair loss and no nausea, but no cure. If it works, it will slow cancer down for awhile. The doctor said that next might be traveling to Seattle for experimental treatments, but we will cross that bridge when it happens. Decided to move the pole beans and use the old swing set frame. I measured and 11 feet long and 6 feet wide at the bottom, probably 7 or 8 feet high. We put up fence for the tomatoes and I got 17 planted and started moving dirt to a box for the onions. Have everything out in the night air and tomorrow squash, basil, cucumbers will be out in the shade for the first time and start hardening.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, finally worked today. Still not well and DS helped, but he got kind of shaky. Normally, DH and DS have put poles up for the pole beans, but just too hard this year. DH had his scans and cancer is on the move again, so his immunotherapy was stopped and on now a different chemo which has mild side effects, no hair loss and no nausea, but no cure. If it works, it will slow cancer down for awhile. The doctor said that next might be traveling to Seattle for experimental treatments, but we will cross that bridge when it happens. Decided to move the pole beans and use the old swing set frame. I measured and 11 feet long and 6 feet wide at the bottom, probably 7 or 8 feet high. We put up fence for the tomatoes and I got 17 planted and started moving dirt to a box for the onions. Have everything out in the night air and tomorrow squash, basil, cucumbers will be out in the shade for the first time and start hardening.

:hugs:hugs

Latest posts