What Did You Do In The Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm glad the stress has improved. :)

the other day when i went out to start chopping all the wild grapevines i had a minor panic attack. it's a huge pile. but then i just got going and started in. always an adventure. one day/task at a time.

That's the way I am looking at it, one day/task at a time.I should have taken a picture. From the piles of wood from the hutch, piles of leaves raked up, flower stalks, a huge pile of rabbit bedding. In all the years we have had these rabbits it is the first time I could not get a wheelbarrow to the compost area, so I just had to make a pile in the yard. The trees need trimming, the blackberries,the raspberries, the strawberry bed needs cleaned out, the wood pile needs to be moved, there is moss growing on the side of the front porch and I am going to have to rake the garden before DS tills and I have a bunch of old collard and kale stalks to pull out of the ground, but I have more energy and enjoying it. For months I just kind of walked out and barely raked and kind of just drug the rake behind saying whatever and went back in the house. lol

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted 3 tomatoe plants. I have so far planted 6 and that's all the room I have. I've crowded them in the past and I really didn't like that. I'm planning on keeping them pruned so that they only grow up and not have so much greenery. I know they will produce a little less and the fruit will be bigger. But I'm really going to see how I like this method. Hope it's not too much work.

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
On Easter eve I FINALLY put out the 27 pantry potatoes that were growing on my kitchen counter. They were russets, idaho's and a couple of yukon golds. They are in one of the 100 gal Rubbermaid horse troughs. I will check on them end of April to see if anything needs extra covering. I will either get little potatoes, or they will fill the trough, which is my hope. IF you use a horse trough for growing remember to PUT THE DRAIN where you can reach it. Heavy and rainy periods will flood them, so you will want to open up the drain in those times and close it up when it is really dry. I put the screw plug inside of the the trough in the corner so that I can find it again.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
FfEwq8J.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a lot of starts murphysranch. I'm sure it's a lot more than what you used to grow at your old place. What are they?

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck with your gardens this year Bee. Good luck to all teg’ers.

may need it with two large groundhog dens only a few feet from main fenced gardens. currently have plugged them up and am patrolling and marking my turf. headed off 2nd attempt yesterday (them starting to dig again but they didn't get through what i'd put there before - old metal stakes :) :) :) ). no new action so far today...

Latest posts