What Did You Do In The Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted 3 tomatoes, transplanted all the flowers I wanted from the front to the back, planted all the flowers in pots I had. I am so sore. Tomorrow will be my last planting day. Lettuce, beets, bok-choy and not sure what else, plus transplant some beets. Then, finished and no more room to plant and then on to weeding.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I set up 3 more straw bales with an old rusty headboard to plant as a flowerbed. snort...
Got the gates on the blueberry pen finally so the chickens were allowed to come out and play in the yard. Hopefully they won't figure out that I haven't put the netting on the bottom part of the gates yet.
I hope to get the peppers and tomatoes in the ground this afternoon and a few annual containers planted, mow weeds and till the edge between the lawn and the woods. My list goes on. Totally more work than daylight. I'm just sitting here right now because I'm taking a lunch break, then it's back to the salt mines.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I set up 3 more straw bales with an old rusty headboard to plant as a flowerbed. snort...
Got the gates on the blueberry pen finally so the chickens were allowed to come out and play in the yard. Hopefully they won't figure out that I haven't put the netting on the bottom part of the gates yet.

I hope to get the peppers and tomatoes in the ground this afternoon and a few annual containers planted, mow weeds and till the edge between the lawn and the woods. My list goes on. Totally more work than daylight. I'm just sitting here right now because I'm taking a lunch break, then it's back to the salt mines.
be a sweetie and go finish my work as well......please

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
Over the long weekend worked on adding more pvc hoops to garden fence & making a diy plastic roller for plastic covering for those heavy summer rains....still a work in progress!
Picked & planted more green beans, picked cherry tomatoes, eggplant & the first cucumbers of the season!
Mulched around all beds & flower beds & pots, pulled weeds, cut grass, cleaned chicken coop...hahaha the list goes on & on it seems!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
image.jpg
May 15th
image.jpg
May 30th
What a difference 2 weeks makes!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ran tiller yesterday for hours.

Part of the garden extension, I've now been over 3 times! I should have taken a picture of the pumpkins. Please believe that it isn't just because I enjoy looking at how they have grown that takes me out there with the tiller. The tractor guy has done a poor job with that corner for 3 years, now!

No. The pumpkins grow when the cabbage and broccoli grow! I know that they can't take a frost but cool spring weather doesn't much slow them down. The cukes and melons are sitting there. Winter squash is just okay.

I think we are really missing something by not making better use of pumpkins in our gardens and diets. The eastern Europeans use pumpkin seed oil. I don't even know where I could find it. I'm thinking of a dwarf plant, like a zucchini. That should be home garden friendly. Plenty of pumpkin soup and pie for everyone!

Planted more sweetcorn! More of the wind-damaged tomatoes were replaced.

Steve
now, for some heat ..!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When in for some heat by weeks end aren't we? Time to take the shorts out of winter storage I guess, but I don't think the community is ready for that sight. Get your sunglasses! :eek:

Speaking of pumpkins the kids are growing little guys that we plan to trellis up the fence. I've used the mini pumpkins in pies and they are good! You have to have more of course, but they're certainly easy to grow and deal with in the kitchen.

Latest posts