1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sunflower issues - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Do In The Garden?

Discussion in 'Everything Else Garden' started by digitS', Mar 27, 2016.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 9:35 AM
    Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Deeply Rooted

I need to weed the garden. It has been too hot for too long and the plants do not like it. It was 97f again today. And dry. My ag meter bill was 5x the house water bill last month, and might be more this go round. Hard to believe I only watered twice last year. I have some fall squash coming up but no flowers yet which is sad.

2. Sep 11, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose Attractive To Bees

I just had two days off in a row, which is an extreme rarity, but I am so done with summer heat I didn't do a thing. Heat index on the fancy thermometer out back said 110 by noon....the pyrenees and I stayed in the air conditioned house all day.

The weather is supposed to break friday, and I have saturday off. Really looking forward to spending a day out in the yard. Think I have sorted next year's seeds four times in the past month just to do some 'gardening'.

Dirtmechanic, Ridgerunner and digitS' like this.
  3. Sep 11, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    so lucky

so lucky Garden Master

I think the only thing worse than trying to garden when it is extremely hot and dry is trying to garden when it is extremely hot and humid. :(:eek::oops::tongue:(

4. Sep 11, 2019 at 6:32 PM
    flowerbug

flowerbug Garden Addicted

yeah, AC has made a wimp out of me. after checking the weather forecast and radar i decided to go out and check some beans to make sure they didn't need to come in. enough of one variety was ready that i ended up picking them all so now i have something to do inside if it rains or not it will give me something to do this afternoon. inside...

5. Sep 11, 2019 at 8:43 PM
    Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Deeply Rooted

This time of year it can rain a teaser. Its so hot and dry barely any comes down, and what does come flashes into humidity asap, making a hot dry day into a hot humid day. Right now we have thunder, lightning, wind, weather warnings, all the ingredients but no rain.:mad: