What Did You Do In The Garden?

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have a weed called crabgrass here (probably you have it too) and when it's small I find it looks like a few different grain plants. I've grown sorghum and millet, and I do popcorn a lot, and weeding them can be a riddle! I grow them in pots first before setting out now, but until I did that I made sure to plant in perfectly straight rows so I could recognise the 'weeds' growing in the rows and not pull them out!
Yep that’s exactly it. It’s also one the few things that isn’t phased by tilling which is what’s making this so much harder lol.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@digitS'
I should have said, "Started pepper seeds Indoors."
Those babes HATE the cold, and it's been cold, cold, cold, here!
They are on top of my fridge on top of a heat mat with a gro light. They Will be transplanted to 3 inch pots and BABIED, planted sometime outside in June.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been standing in my gardening wondering what to do with this pile of cow manure. :hide Wayyyyyy bigger than last time I ordered from them. 🤔 It was a young guy and I wonder if he just put too much on the truck. I am not complaining but I have my work cut out. I can smell it. Not real bad, but :hide neighbors don't be mad at me. It is taking up more of my garden than I thought. I will start putting it as side dressing on things I have planted. I have 3 old compost bins that have a lot of leaves and straw, so I am going to pile some in those places and and and, ?? There is a big area, I am just going to turn the dirt and get the weeds out and put some there. I sure will have a nice bunch of compost next year. Today 80s, tomorrow have to worry about frost and bring plants in and cover what I planted. Having fun though. lol

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had to plant my cucumber plants in a pot, I kept moving this pot into a sunny position then put clingfilm onto to it too keep out the frost that I just know will come through the night.

What did I do in the garden, lot's and loads more. I'm pooped and there's a heap more to do tomorrow.

I should never have come into this site, it's made me work to hard. :barnie:th

I've got soooooo much catching up to do with you guys . 😴

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have been standing in my gardening wondering what to do with this pile of cow manure. :hide Wayyyyyy bigger than last time I ordered from them. 🤔 It was a young guy and I wonder if he just put too much on the truck. I am not complaining but I have my work cut out. I can smell it. Not real bad, but :hide neighbors don't be mad at me. It is taking up more of my garden than I thought. I will start putting it as side dressing on things I have planted. I have 3 old compost bins that have a lot of leaves and straw, so I am going to pile some in those places and and and, ?? There is a big area, I am just going to turn the dirt and get the weeds out and put some there. I sure will have a nice bunch of compost next year. Today 80s, tomorrow have to worry about frost and bring plants in and cover what I planted. Having fun though. lol
If you have a wheelbarrow, use that to spread it out. You might also fill a small bucket and move the big pile into smaller piles that you can rake and fill. THEN, do the same with your compost.
It's sweat equity, but you will be happy later this summer when you did it.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What did I do in this garden, watered my plants, I'm beaten today lets see what happens tomorrow.

Flipping @ducks4you and her clever ideas now I've got to get a wheelbarrow :ep:weee

Yesterday I planted a dying lavender to see if it will recover, if it doesn't, thankfully I got 2 babies off it last year so one of those can be planted with a rosemary baby

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What did I do in this garden, watered my plants, I'm beaten today lets see what happens tomorrow.

Flipping @ducks4you and her clever ideas now I've got to get a wheelbarrow :ep:weee

Yesterday I planted a dying lavender to see if it will recover, if it doesn't, thankfully I got 2 babies off it last year so one of those can be planted with a rosemary baby
I think the lavender is a gonna, so will put one of her babies in soon.

Latest posts