What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What did I do in this garden, watered my plants,
That's what I did this morning also. First, I made homes for some cabbage and kale. Then, turned on the big field sprinklers and left for a couple hours.

Returning, it was disappointing to see that the water hadn't reached that outside bed because of the 20mph wind that had been predicted at less than 10. Oh well, 20 minutes standing with the watering wand (in the 45°f [7°C] air )while wind kept the sprinklers from hitting me - puddled up the 4' x 45' bed okay ...

80's on Thursday, 40's by morning!

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's what I did this morning also. First, I made homes for some cabbage and kale. Then, turned on the big field sprinklers and left for a couple hours.

Returning, it was disappointing to see that the water hadn't reached that outside bed because of the 20mph wind that had been predicted at less than 10. Oh well, 20 minutes standing with the watering wand (in the 45°f [7°C] air )while wind kept the sprinklers from hitting me - puddled up the 4' x 45' bed okay ...

80's on Thursday, 40's by morning!

Steve
Sometimes it's best to stop, when we overdo it , we are no use. Save your energy Steve .

It's pouring down with rain here so I can't do anything. I've put my herbs in my makeshift greenhouse, the house is a complete mess but hoping my friend can come here tomorrow and help me sort it out.

I need shelving added eventually, this will help make my movement a lot easier.

What do you guys think about sleepers for raised beds?

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted Blue Lake bush beans #274, Contender green beans, and onions this morning.
Plan on burning more holes and maybe doing another row of beans, and get the cattle panel up to be ready for the tomatoes.
Cabbage, squash, potatoes doing well.

Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , if you allow “sleepers in your raised beds” wouldn’t that make it a B&B?

@Rammy, we’ve grown both Blue lakes and Contender and they both did well for us. The last couple years we gave Jade a try for our bush bean and like them real well. This year we included Affirmed into the mix, we’ll see how that goes. They’re a bit more compact and currently are loaded with flowers.

Mid week i’ll be working amendments and rabbit manure into the outside beds to plant by the 3rd week of May.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
😁 @Alasgun
These are old parts of trains. No one would want to book a night here I can assure you of that. A bit concerned of them being metal.

We speak a different language I do not understand anything that you referred to above, except you grew flowers and used bunny poop. 🤔

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
took stock of previous weeding efforts and mowed. it has been raining and cold here enough that i have no ambition at all to go outside until it warms up enough again. i'm not sure i'll get outside tomorrow or not. we'll see. i still haven't checked to see if the peas are up or not.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Some kleptomaniac stole my sticks that hold up my plants, so I found my barbecue wooden sticks and used those instead.

Planted a pot of buzzy lizzies that looked almost dead and they are coming to life already :)

Last edited: