What Did You Do In The Garden?

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
First harvest of the year! I’ve left them alone since August and they’ve finally finished growing with our warm December weather. It’s supposed to be in the teens Thursday so I went ahead and pulled them once the pot defrosted this morning.
1F1E8EF9-BFA7-46FA-9D65-38B592E4DCB9.jpeg

Attachments

• 83C22FA5-E527-4D7B-A7C4-81015CA3E94F.jpeg
    83C22FA5-E527-4D7B-A7C4-81015CA3E94F.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 82

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
24hrs later & it's now 2 bins.View attachment 46529
Several hundred lbs of cow manure layered with course hay & mowed leaves
I have never heard of Monty Don, but it reminded me of Charles Dowdling and his "compahast" making. lol The accent makes it interesting but Dowdling is kind of twitchy or something the way he moves and uses his hands, almost makes me nervous watching him. lol, but he makes good compahast. lol

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a lady on my Facebook group and she goes to the same church as me, and she is showing her seed packets and her trays and already planning what to plant and I feel soooooooooooo behind. lol She is not going to plant yet. She is telling others when to plant and what she is going to plant. She has plant yard sales in the summer. She is so organized. My greenhouse on the patio is about destroyed. Earlier this year a couple of little branches fell and put little holes in the plastic and then we had wind and it just tore the top to pieces. The plastic just was not as strong as the plastic the greenhouse came with. I bought this plastic a couple of years ago as replacement, so I am going to have to start looking into what i will do about that.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never heard of Monty Don, but it reminded me of Charles Dowdling and his "compahast" making. lol The accent makes it interesting but Dowdling is kind of twitchy or something the way he moves and uses his hands, almost makes me nervous watching him. lol, but he makes good compahast. lol
:love

I just watched a piece of a vid by Charles Dowdling - and if I was only listening .. I'd have SWORN it was my best friend's boyfriend talking. Those odd pauses ARE a little unsettling.
But if someone was recording me talking about my garden.. I'd probably sound a bit like that too :oops:

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
First harvest of the year! I’ve left them alone since August and they’ve finally finished growing with our warm December weather. It’s supposed to be in the teens Thursday so I went ahead and pulled them once the pot defrosted this morning.View attachment 46580
Winter-harvested carrots are the best. :love

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
My greenhouse on the patio is about destroyed. Earlier this year a couple of little branches fell and put little holes in the plastic and then we had wind and it just tore the top to pieces. The plastic just was not as strong as the plastic the greenhouse came with. I bought this plastic a couple of years ago as replacement, so I am going to have to start looking into what i will do about that.
If the plastic is (relatively) easy to remove, doing so when the greenhouse is not in use will extend its service life. I have a small Harbor Freight greenhouse, and with the panels on year round, had to replace the roof panels every few years. I leave them on through the Fall now to extend the outdoor exposure of DW's potted plants, but remove & store the panels for Winter... the panels are already older than those they replaced, and still in good shape.

Latest posts