What Did You Do In The Garden?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted broccoli, cabbage and kolrabi in the front raised bed today. Turned the compost pile...chickens went behind me and spread it all out again, so I guess it's double churned. :p Took apart the old, rotting lumber from the back 2 raised beds. Hope to get them rebuilt tomorrow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Prepped some beds for Chinese asters and snapdragons.

Six packs of beer are inherently social: 1 shares 2 ways, 3 ways or 4, if you get a second 6 pack. But, I won't share this wisdom on @Larisa 's thread. Apparently, I was too tired to think to open the first beer.

Not drinking that beer meant doing 2 right things :)! The beer will be around for another day and, I thought to check the temperature in the hoop house at 2:30am ... I will share the wisdom in doing that on the cold comfort thread ...

;) Steve

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@dgitS' I have many incarnations. I can be a week as "Susie - the small sun." I can do the round eyes, clap eyelashes and listen to any stories, even about the beer.
girl_yes3.gif

In fact, I can not go in my garden. I hope it will turn out in early May. So I'm a little jealous that some (!) Do not sleep in and out to see how their plants tolerate cold. How I envy those who are already doing the landing, I generally keep quiet! Every day I look at the seeds that will be planted in two weeks. A seedling is growing by leaps and bounds as the dough. And I can only put it at the end of May. Snow can go when blooming fruit trees. Then the gardeners do not sleep. They go out into the garden at night and make fires. Smoke drives away the cold. Fortunately, it is not prohibited.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
this morning did the final till of the main garden, took the cultivator to the block bed and tilled it up. weed eated in and around the raised beds, watered the beds.
spent 3 hrs replacing all the belts and a spring on the g/t. my baby loves it's new belts.... was going to replace the blades but still have gumballs to chop up no reason to damage the new ones right off the bat....

hauled all the brush i cut the other week to the brush pile, saw the fox coming down the fence line with a vole in it's mouth sat there very quietly it came up the path and looked at me and went right into it's hole...still can not tell if it's a male or female. what ever sex it is , that fox is very beautiful have to get the camera back out there...

tomorrow will start hauling everything back out for the garden. seems like it was just a couple months ago i put everything away...time sure flew by this winter..
bring the cage,s poles,rebar up to the main garden , power wash the soaker hoses. time is ticking... IF the weather forecast is right next weekend might be able to set some plants in the ground.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weeded my butterfly garden-I hate crab grass as it and it's tillers were everywhere.......

My peas are breaking through the ground. Tilled one pass and planted beets, parsnips (old seed that won't come up but I'm rid of seed), lettuce, cabbage-both plants and seeds, cilantro, basil.

I'm tired. From sitting on my butt all winter to full board go, getting too old and fat.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went for breakfast. Took care of the chickens.
Went for coffee break. Worked a few hours cleaning out along the road frontage.
Went for a small lunch. Worked a few hours in the garden bed. OMG I hate all the grass! I swear there is only one grass plant that spread back and fourth through the bed, it's impossible to pull all the roots out. But I will prevail! We almost have half of the bed worked up and weeded.
Went for supper. Each time, spouse NEEDED a break so off we went. It's the only way to get him to stop and rest for a while. He worked hard today. I worked hard today.

I was waiting for a rain to settle the beds, but I think some of the veggies do need do get planted sooner rather than later. Today reached 83 degrees (F) and peas won't be happy with those temps. Of course, this is Wisconsin and I doubt the temps will stay that high. Planting time for tenders here is May 15th at the earliest.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went for a small lunch. Worked a few hours in the garden bed. OMG I hate all the grass! I swear there is only one grass plant that spread back and fourth through the bed, it's impossible to pull all the roots out. But I will prevail! We almost have half of the bed worked up and weeded.
Went for supper. Each time, spouse NEEDED a break so off we went. It's the only way to get him to stop and rest for a while. He worked hard today. I worked hard today.

I was waiting for a rain to settle the beds, but I think some of the veggies do need do get planted sooner rather than later. Today reached 83 degrees (F) and peas won't be happy with those temps. Of course, this is Wisconsin and I doubt the temps will stay that high. Planting time for tenders here is May 15th at the earliest.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts