What Did You Do In The Garden?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
lollygagged this morning, the girls repeatedly reminded me about breakfast, feed them went for our morning walk. mowed their yard.

sprayed the whole main garden for onion maggot flies<figure will need to do that one more time> closed off the garden since i do not want the dogs in there now. hauled the major portion of everything back out to the garden,pressure washed all the soaker hoses. watered the beds again.

took a break read the news, parts of Colorado getting 2' of snow..... really in April ?? well at least they are getting some.water that is...

put all the toys away and finished up my chores for the day. picked a large handful of asparagus and brought in a couple carrots for the girls...

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Joined you in lollygagging today. Rather then working in the garden or on the yard, I spent the day transplanting seedlings into bigger containers. Lots and lots of seedlings with lots and lots more to go. This year I'm gonna have annuals up the (whatever) with quite a few new perennials to boot.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Colorado getting 2' of snow..... really in April ??

http://www.weather.gov/bou/NECO_SnowTotals_041816
Over 3' in Golden!

"Perhaps what the princes had needed had been sunshine. It seemed that summer had the power to heal all frustrations, soothe every grief, restore their lost happiness.” ~ Yukio Mishima, Spring Snow

Easy for me ت . No snow, no frost this morning, 80° tomorrow, I need to get busy ズ !

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Moved the giant tree pot outside so that the daffodils, crocus and tulips that I forced in February could blossom. Every garden experience is a learning curve. If you force bulbs that you forgot about--this was ME--get them outside asap!
I still have a few tulips and crocus that I want to get into a bed this evening to give them a fighting chance. I lost several of them because they dried up. Seems like they need to be outside to flourish.
Oh, yeah...butchered that one rooster that has been attacking me. (Think, "Cold Mountain," and you'll understand why.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159365/?ref_=nv_sr_3)

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This weekend we did a lot of cleaning up. I cleaned up around the orange tree, banana tree, and blueberry bushes, then put new chicken wire and bird netting around them to lock them up like Fort Knox (my chickens are ferocious little beasts :lol:). I direct seeded most of my garden April 3rd so we have little seedlings popping up everywhere. We've had so much rain it's hard to get anything done, and we're expected to get another 3 inches tonight. It's hard to believe that we were in a severe drought this time two years ago.

2016-04-18_15.29.18[1].jpg
2016-04-18_15.30.05[1].jpg

My little orange tree that we got last year. It's growing! I was so glad to see the little bees out and about.
2016-04-18_15.30.53[1].jpg

The blueberries have blooms everywhere!
2016-04-18_15.38.34[1].jpg

Corn! You can see where the "river" ran through it.
2016-04-18_15.39.48[1].jpg
I can already see signs of little bugs, and I already need to weed. :barnie
2016-04-18_15.40.30[1].jpg
Sugar Snap Peas were one thing that I started in containers a while back. They have just now decided they wanted to grow. We'll see how long they last. I went ahead and put some in the ground as well. Why not!?!
2016-04-18_15.41.38[1].jpg
This one's just for fun, because this little guy LOVES his bubble mower. :love

Latest posts