What Did You Do In The Garden?

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Finally finished the raised bed I've been cleaning for the past 4-5 days.
View attachment 12877 View attachment 12878 View attachment 12879 LOVE your yard man, CCheek! He is too precious for mere words.
Thanks, @Smart Red. And I love your raised beds. I'm gonna have to try raised beds next year. Everyone I talk to seems to prefer them. I have one more picture.... after our rain yesterday little man decided he wasn't done mowing!:lol:
12991045_1131309120223794_6664825238335870891_n.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Busy day. I planted my pepper and tomato plants. Along with sweet corn, green beans, okra, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers, and honeydews.

First day of weeding, I felt like I got beat up. Second day of tilling, I was whipped. Today, must be getting some muscles to wake up as don't hurt. Maybe there is hope?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe there is hope?
Sure ..

. but is it already time for those warm-season plants outdoors?!

I would prefer a bubble mower over the dang noisy, smelly infernal combustion engine!

Got water onto little veggie garden and DW and I planted the dahlia garden! My big, posthole-digger job of the season, finished ...

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looked at the long range forecast for our area. Low temps are all 40 and above. Highs in 60's and 70's.

Coldest temps are to be second week of May.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
"mama said there would be days like this" ha, the nicest day we've had so far this year and where was I other than doing a bit of seeding and watering in the greenhouse this morning? :(I spent most of the afternoon (3 hours) sitting in the dentist chair getting two new crowns, no only that he had to make them fit in my partial, so home I came with two temporaries and no partial, pick that up tomorrow, get the real deals in two weeks. He gave me a painkiller to take but I didn't need it, freezing's out and not even a twinge, am I lucky or what.
Annette

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sure ..

. but is it already time for those warm-season plants outdoors?!

I would prefer a bubble mower over the dang noisy, smelly infernal combustion engine!

Got water onto little veggie garden and DW and I planted the dahlia garden! My big, posthole-digger job of the season, finished ...

Steve
It's crazy how much weather differs. With me being so far south I planted (direct seeded in the garden) sunflowers, corn, bell peppers, jalapenos, okra, squash, zucchini, bush beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and onions all on April 4th. I planted more broccoli, lettuce, sugar snap peas, and brussel sprouts in part of my garden that gets shade about half the day to hopefully keep them cool enough to produce as the warmer weather moves in. This will be the first year that I tried to keep that last batch in the garden through this season.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am watching the temperatures and trying to get up enough courage to plant some of my seedlings in the garden. I do have hot caps for them if needed. I actually left the transplants outside last night for a breeze and light rainfall. I wish I could put all the seedlings out for a while, but those dratted chickens wouldn't understand "NO!" and attack when I wasn't looking.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I bought a few Easter buckets at $2.00 each (down from a ridiculous $9.99). I had the idea to plant a herbs in them. One of the beds I cleaned was over-run with sage and chives. I don't want them growing in the garden beds again. When I returned for more buckets, they were down to $.99 so I took them all. Here's how they look right now.
bucket deal.JPG buckets far.JPG bucket close.JPG

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great haul @Smart Red, I lucked out and got a bunch of white food safe buckets two years ago, really useful when one runs out of space. Last year I grew tomatoes and Yacon in them. Right now I have about a dozen daylilies I dug out of a bed out front, most will be looking for new homes but I want my buckets back:D. I'm hoping to get my hands on a bunch more next month for a dollar.

Annette

Latest posts