What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not Seed' and not a turnip fan either, @thistlebloom .It's the roots ..

However. I'm enjoying Nozawana, a leaf turnip. This, after it appeared that the plants were on their way to early death from fleabeetles about 6 weeks ago. I sprayed them with spinosad but they looked far gone. They came back fairly well.

Steve

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good for you @Smart Red . Last week I took several bags of zucchini and cucumbers to the food pantry. I need to take more soon. The garden is producing too well! Much more than we can eat or more than we should try to save! Looks like surplus tomatoes on the horizon! ;)

Can you ever really say that your garden produces too well? I understand though. It's exciting and overwhelming when everything comes in at once and trying to figure out how to find time and what to do with everything. I shared a lot of squash and zucchini and tomatoes already with neighbors. Our green beans did so well I had to beg people to come pick. I eventually just pick myself and gave them away whatever I couldn't convince my mom to can for me. Time for me to learn how to do that myself!

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I move my garden around the way people move furniture in their house! :eek: I've been moving pots and really like where they are much better than before. I've decided on a paint color for my square pots with trees. Going to go with Eggplant, a deep purple. A lighter purple would have been too much or garish. The eggplant color will be subdued but will give me some color. I think it will be much better than that walnut color those pots are right now.

I'm establishing a garden wall of pottery from Mexico. I just bought 2 plates that I'll get my husband to hang. Of course, he's going to have to move the ones I already have. ;)

I'm pretty happy with how things are going. My plan is to have colorful art pieces along with a garden that is extensive. :)

Mary

Mary, have you posted pictures of your garden somewhere that I can see? It sounds amazing

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Latest posts