What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm watering, here at home.

The first of the veggies with a good soaking were in the beds that were covered by the temporary hoophouse. Yep. Past tense - pulled the plastic off and carried away the hoops ;).

The plants immediately went almost horizontal. There isn't a whole lot that is valuable and young and tender. I'm hoping that the sparrows move in and clean up the slugs. I'd really like to know if they eat slugs but those things are much more of a serious pest in there than in the beds just next door. Maybe it's "slug sunburn" that causes them survival problems.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two days ago I planted a bunch of peppers and yesterday I was just exhausted. I went out and checked on things and the birds are after the pepper plants again. One was about completely tore up. I have replacement peppers. I felt good today, but watched Evelyn all morning. I will try to plant in the morning before it gets hot and we are supposed to have thunderstorms.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two days ago I planted a bunch of peppers and yesterday I was just exhausted. I went out and checked on things and the birds are after the pepper plants again. One was about completely tore up. I have replacement peppers. I felt good today, but watched Evelyn all morning. I will try to plant in the morning before it gets hot and we are supposed to have thunderstorms.

interesting! i've never had pepper plants bothered by birds. do you normally put out food for birds in your yard? we don't put out any feed at all so the birds have to forage for bugs and seeds around the yard. we only keep bird baths for them and clean those frequently. it seems to be a workable combination for us. hope you can get your pepper plants to grow! i guess at the extreme some mesh netting may be needed.

Latest posts