What did YOU do in your garden today :P

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@MIchael Hibberd

Looks like the garden's going good!

Europe was/is the center of cultivation of strawberries. From what I here there are many ancient strains of wild/alpine strawberries feral around Europe. If you ever stumble across anything unusual (different color than usual, etc), would you be willing to send some seeds across the pond? I'd be willing to pay cash or trade if I happen to have anything that you're interested in.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did a bit of weeding in the veggies, then I went inside to get a container for picking strawberries. Didn't shut the gate since I was going right back out. DH wanted to go into town, so off we went. By the time I returned, the chickens had eaten most of the strawberries in the new bed. Luckily, the old bed was thick enough to have hidden most of the ripe berries so I picked a couple quarts before thunder, lightning, and mosquitoes drove me inside.

Note to self -- Always shut the gate!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , not only can you grow out your cilantro for coriander seed, but the roots are a good ingredient in curry paste, if you enjoy Thai cooking. I have a recipe that calls for it. The roots are tough, but I chop them slightly and pulverize them in a mortar and pestle.

MIchael Hibberd

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@MIchael Hibberd

Looks like the garden's going good!

Europe was/is the center of cultivation of strawberries. From what I here there are many ancient strains of wild/alpine strawberries feral around Europe. If you ever stumble across anything unusual (different color than usual, etc), would you be willing to send some seeds across the pond? I'd be willing to pay cash or trade if I happen to have anything that you're interested in.

Oh yes, absolutely. No problem at all. Quid pro quo and all that. I do my damndest.

The little one in the photo back yonder is an Alpine, but specifics I don't know. T'was a gift. You got this one? :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I rototilled and tilled and tilled. For nearly 5 hours ...

It was a little wet but nothing special. That is the advantage of quickly draining soil. I'm not sure I can get the big tiller thru again. Pulling the outside tines off will be a possibility.

Got through the big veggie garden and the garden extension - all except the last corn planting that isn't showing above ground.

It was so quiet once I stopped and sat on a stool to pull a few weeds in the flowers.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stayed out of the vegtable garden, I did stop there yesterday a and pick some more peas, kale and a handful of strawberries that never made it home ;) Today I got 2 bleeding hearts and 4 hosta planted. Glad I did because it has been raining cats and dogs since then. Will be to wet to wander in beds tomorrow.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's too wet, won't let up on the raining. I can't get out there to hoe. :hit

Got about 80% of the entire garden area heavily mulched. Those little grass seedlings coming up by my beans and squash are mocking me! :somad

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 85°f, the warmest day of the year.

An early start and an early departure from the garden. Spread some Miracle gro in the flower corner and began putting up the 1st trellis there, for the marigolds. The snapdragons will be a little late but the marigolds and zinnias are beginning to bloom.

It is too difficult to put a 4th layer of strings on the pea trellis. Got 1 outside string, downwind and that will have to do. They are gonna give us problems! Snap peas are too tall and the pods will soon weigh down the tops.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so behind in weeding. I did cut a little bit of the kale, chopped, blanched and froze 24 cups and filled the dehydrator with apple mint. Changed the rabbit boxes and have more stuff for composting.