What did You do "To Grow?"

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally got newspaper and straw down on the rest of the garden this morning---well, most all of it. And the ground was in great shape for turning, so I planted some mustard where I pulled out the peas. I have a few volunteer tomatoes that I think I will transplant out of the sweet potato patch. Some are potato leaved. I can't remember what tomato I planted that had potato leaves, a couple of years ago. It's supposed to be only in the mid 80's here next week. That sounds so good!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky , could you have missed a Missouri Love Apple last year?

Let's Talk About Heirloom Tomatoes

I pulled down the small pea trellis so as to put a few more cucumber plants in. This must be just about the worst pea season, evah! Too late sowing seed and too hot and dry.

Also, I picked up some more bags of composted chicken pucky ;).

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put out the word that I am doing NO MORE sewing until it snows!

I added fishing line at 2 ft height to keep out short deer!
A snapping turtle took out a bunch of onions looking for 'that perfect spot for eggs', darn thing!
Got the bird netting around the blueberries before they start to ripen, no berries for beaked bandits this year!

My pepper plants went from the most perfect looking things ever to pathetic in just a few cool nights and too much rain. They are still off color so I fertilized and hope for a rebound.

I finally got my patio in by my little pond, still have to dig out some river rock and bring in a bit of fill. Then recruit about 6 strong guys to move my swing to the patio and do some landscaping around it. I think I may put some blueberry bushes along one side.

Never got peas in this year, sure miss them. I'm not good at fall crops but I may have to push myself.

Latest posts