And then today,

I learned the answer to this question:

Why is Pooh's shirt so short?

Screenshot 2021-03-19 180118.png

Steve :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I learned that it has only been 20 years since Montgomery Wards went out of business. @Nifty 's lawnmower post prompted that.

He said that his mower was about 30 years old and I thought, yeah that's about right. But no, it hasn't been quite that long ago that they sold their last mower. Usually, I'm surprised that things happened, people pass, events occurred - years earlier than I expected. I wonder why it was different with Monkey Wards.

That's what my Uncle Rob used to call them - Monkey Wards. He had this kinda joyful, joking personality. The hospital was the horse piddle ;). That's the last place I saw him. He had a heart attack and I was staying at Mom and Dad's that weekend, working and away from college for 2 days to make some money. Mom woke me up when she answered the phone. We arrived at the hospital before my aunt and before Rob passed.

I had to work the next day, Sunday. It was okay. Physical job, for the most part. Also, had to drive 90+ miles to be back to the college town that evening to show up for Monday classes.

I'd already learned something following this schedule : to keep my mouth shut in class on Monday mornings! It didn't matter that the little wheels could still turn in my head. Thoughts not clearly stated

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Daddy called it Monkey Wards too.

What I learned..... don't feed Cornish Cross chicks 28% chick crumble. The protein is too high and they die. I lost 17 out of 52 before I figured it out. Replaced it with 22% and didn't lose any more. They are 3 weeks old now. Got 50 more today, giving them 18%. Dummy. Dummy. Dummy.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Daddy called it Monkey Wards too.

What I learned..... don't feed Cornish Cross chicks 28% chick crumble. The protein is too high and they die. I lost 17 out of 52 before I figured it out. Replaced it with 22% and didn't lose any more. They are 3 weeks old now. Got 50 more today, giving them 18%. Dummy. Dummy. Dummy.

sad, but at least you caught it @baymule :)

Latest posts