What did you pick today?

Baymen Moe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've been in pea land for a few weeks now and loving it. My turnips are ready to come out of the ground now. Should be having some tonight with the chops my neighbor gave me from his pigs, YUM!

Green beans should be on my plate by the end of the week, oh yah, broccoli too.

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tutter said:
What's new here are peppers! Some are ready, some almost. I have several types, sweet and hot. :)

Backyard Buddies, I'm sorry about your back, and hope it feels better soon! :)
I love peppers! Thanks for the well wishes, Tutter. I'm beginning to feel better. Heating pad and Motrin combo is the way to go!

I'm still pickin' 'maters. I'm seeing flowers on the squash and little tiny green beans so I hope to be picking those in the coming weeks! :D

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
All I've picked today was a FIGHT with a big roll of chickenwire. Trying to fashion a cage/cover to protect my lettuce from the birds so I can finally harvest some of it for myself. I lost, the fight I mean. DS had to step in and make the cage over the lettuce bed. :p I harvested a basket of baby beets yesterday though. Hopefully I'll soon have enough collected to pickle.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We picked pole bean leaves and had them for dinner last night, they were cooked a frying pan with a little soy sauce and garlic, my wife tells me they are good to eat when it is hot and they cleanse the stomach and are good for reducing? our chickens can't get enough of the leaves from our pole and brush beans, along with the corn leaves.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Lots & lots of cukes, more tomatoes, alot of okra and peppers. Oh, did I say cucumbers? :p

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Can we say, "Nuttin, honey." :barnie

Edited: Oops. I forgot that I pinched back my basil plants. Does that count as "harvesting?" :p

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will pull radishes today and plant some more. The dogs most helpfully dug up a few of my potatoes.... :he :smack They are large and delicious and they aren't close to being done yet, so I guess something came of it....I know I'll at least have a good crop under all that excessive, bushy green growth!

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Onions, lots and lots of white and red onions, about 1-2 inches in diameter. They went in the ground as sets in April. DS wanted to leave them to see how big they would get, but they interferred with our project today (see pests forum).

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mostly herbs today, as this heat is giving my garden fits. But the basil and chives are some of the best I've ever had. I'm definitely taking this basil to seed just for myself! :)

Latest posts