What Do You Add To Coffee ?

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use instant milk as creamer, sometimes with monk fruit sweetener or a vanilla creamer added. Guess I like it sweet. :caf On a lazy Saturday, I'll add a packet of instant cocoa for a good rich mocha, and make some good whole-grain toast to go with it.

Laugh or call it sacrilege, but one of my favorite cups of coffee is an Asian (as in Oriental) instant coffee, called "Super Power". It comes in slim plastic pouches, with creamer & several herbs mixed in. As soon as hot water hits it, it smells like fresh brewed coffee. Better flavor, IMO, than most of the name brand instant coffees. Several of the Oriental groceries in my area carry it.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put collagen (for my joints) and heavy cream in my decaff coffee. No sugar. Usually 2 cubs a day is all I drink. The collagen is supposed to be odorless, but I detect a slight odor and taste, but isn't bad.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Just coffee~ nothing in it~ but it is nice to have something~ the right thing to eat with```

And I like it~ coffee~ in a cup~ not a bucket```

Tamar always made Armenian coffee when we were over~ she added a spice~ I forget the name~ not sure I was fond```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@valley ranch cardamom? that is a common spice in Turkish style types...

when i was drinking coffee on a more regular schedule and kept a supply at home i would get a certain blend and grind it to a super fine powder for use in this way.

get the water near to boiling first and then put in powder and a bit of the spice and sugar to steep for a few minutes. then pour into cups and let settle a moment before drinking. no filter, just gravity for the bigger chunks. smaller chunks were just added fiber. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like Kahlua on vanilla ice cream, make that Bluebell Homemade Vanilla!

and it's not too hard to make either (Kahlua)... cheap vodka, sugar, vanilla, instant coffee, water... the biggest thing you get the most bang for your buck with flavor here is the vanilla. use the best you can find and what you like for flavors. there are so many good vanillas to try.

age it a few weeks. if you can.

i don't drink much any more but we keep a bottle of this around for medicinal use... *hic*

Latest posts