What Do You Add To Coffee ?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sugar alone would ruin coffee for me.

Maybe it's the bitter and sweet without smoothing it out with creamer or cream. Things are often too sweet for me. Really, I don't need anything added and sometimes don't appreciate additions.

@Zeedman , may we suspect that you like ginseng in your coffee?

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the bitterness of coffee. Do like to mellow it out some with cream.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did once. I could taste a funny metalic taste so didn't like it. I actually use raw brown cane sugar.

Mary
I too found the flavor of stevia to be unpleasant. Monk fruit sweetener - if you can find it - tastes more like real sugar.

@Zeedman , may we suspect that you like ginseng in your coffee?

Steve
Although ginseng is one of the herbs in that Oriental coffee, I'm not a fan of ginseng per se. Don't like that earthy, "off" flavor. Can't really taste it in the coffee, though.

I suppose that when you get down to it, additives are often used because we've become accustomed to drinking poor quality coffee, and don't know any better. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman , I'll say a little about ginseng ... and it's not about any supposed aphrodisiac qualities.

First caffeine - I hardly notice that it is a stimulant. Caffeinated coffee. It will keep me from being sleepy in the evening but it isn't real apparent to me why. I don't feel jittery. Daytime, I feel a little more cheerful after coffee. And, it does seem to bother the stomach so I need to have caffeinated coffee only in moderation.

Ginseng - winds me up! I really would not want it in excess. In fact, I would not want it daily - special occasions, maybe. The flavor is not very appealing. Ginseng and me ... with some hesitation ...

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Caffeine in any form, late at night wires me. Not so much in AM.

Latest posts