what do you wish, in your wildest dreams, you could grow?

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Figs, artichokes and avacados. Yes, I can grow the first two with a lot of work, I want them to just be able to grow! Oh well, that's way too warm a climate for this heat-hating girl!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wish I could grow Calla Lilies!!! I may try... but they look so chancy here and expensive! :rolleyes:

MontanaMama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This might sound weird, but I wish I could grow a vegetable garden. Let me explain real quick.
Our well water is horrible for plants (alkali and sodium) and kills most things. Soooo, we pump water out of our reserviours (which hold runoff for our cattle, etc.) into a tank on our pickup...then haul it to our home and fill up a stock tank with it. Then I run a hose out of that and gravity takes it down to my flower gardens. I figure, if I only have water enough to grow anything at all, it's going to be flowers...my husband uses his share for our many trees.
But I wish, wish, wish, I had good water and plenty of it to have a big vegetable garden. That's my pipe dream....hee hee...I've actually dreamt of piping the reserviour water the few miles to my house :) If I could grow a money tree (as previous poster said), my problem would be solved!!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What about a papaya tree or a bananna tree. Then I won't have to feel so guilty about the whole rain forest clearing every week as I buy the kids their bananas. :(

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
A new head! No, just kidding, I wish I could grow orange trees in my backyard.Unfortunetly, I live in OHIO so thats not gonna happen....:tools

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Figs! I adore them. I could do it in our climate, but it's more mork than than I want to deal with right now and we don't have the space. Someday maybe.

Phyllis