What do Young People Not Understand

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
For a few weeks in the summer we get tiny black gnats/flies that swarm the horses ears and eyes and are thoroughly awful. I don't know if that's what you mean.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
... that you understand. Sure .... rotary dialing ... but ....

I don't have grandchildren however I am really NOT talking about little kids.

Post-millennials are in high school. What have they missed?? What have I missed about them?

Steve :)
To be fair. In the techno world many 8 year olds could help us with our dastardly phones..

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
For a few weeks in the summer we get tiny black gnats/flies that swarm the horses ears and eyes and are thoroughly awful. I don't know if that's what you mean.

not too likely, if you had black flies you'd probably know it. :) they are about 4-6mm long and a few across. they will crawl any place they can get to, in your hair, up your sleeves, etc. and then they bite and draw blood but you can't feel them biting until it is too late and you go to itch it and find blood all over the place. i've had complete rings around my wrists where they'd get in through a crease and then crawl around and bite. and the bites/welts can take a few weeks to heal. like i said, mosquitoes are cake in comparison. they breed in cold running water and are the worst in the spring time.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always underestimate how uneducated many people are. I am no Geography giant but I am in comparison to many. If you remember the show, "Are you smarter then a 5th grader?" The very first question asked of the adult contestant was what country was North of the US? She looked like an everyday employed adult. I turned it off when she did not know the answer.

Latest posts