What do Young People Not Understand

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
not too likely, if you had black flies you'd probably know it. :) they are about 4-6mm long and a few across. they will crawl any place they can get to, in your hair, up your sleeves, etc. and then they bite and draw blood but you can't feel them biting until it is too late and you go to itch it and find blood all over the place. i've had complete rings around my wrists where they'd get in through a crease and then crawl around and bite. and the bites/welts can take a few weeks to heal. like i said, mosquitoes are cake in comparison. they breed in cold running water and are the worst in the spring time.

I guess it's a no then. Thankfully!
Those little black buggers we get will bite also, but they don't sound as bloodthirsty and nasty as what you describe.
We get mosquitoes too, but they are just the generic type, and don't travel in herds.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is the best time of year to visit the boundary waters in Minnesota?
Summer may be the best, even with the bugs.They are not a bother while you are on the lake and bad at dusk and down like anywhere that has mosquitos. Husband went in October one year. Ice on their water pan in the morning.

Latest posts