What have you canned or preserved today?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Das, that's awesome. I am YET to do beets, but I'm thinking about it for next year.

Tonight I jammed 6 1/2 pints of lavender jelly.

I also had to REDO a batch of watermelon jelly that didn't set the first time, UGH!

I also posted the recipe on how to fix that on my blog, in case anyone needs the recipe if they have an oopsy!

Unset Jam... Runny Jelly...?

Dascountry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Picked a little over a half of gallon of green beans late last night. Hopeing to pick more in the next couple of days to can :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
brad, do you remember how many ounces you planted? I used to plant Jade and had great luck with them most of the time. Now I can't do the stooping required to pick bush beans, not for that long at a time. I'm glad for your fantastic harvest!:woot

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Picked some black currents at a friends house over the weekend. Made some juice last night so that I can make some current jam. It is quite a beautiful color and I can only imagine the Native Americans using these black currents to dye fabric and the likes.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Comments like this

It is quite a beautiful color and I can only imagine the Native Americans using these black currents to dye fabric and the likes.
require pictures to back up such claims :p

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
Comments like this

It is quite a beautiful color and I can only imagine the Native Americans using these black currents to dye fabric and the likes.
require pictures to back up such claims :p
OK You're on! I made the mistake of keeping it in a white ceramic bowl too! So it is quite likely that I will now have a white and purple ceramic bowl. I will take pics tonight. :D

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
try putting some lemonade in that bowl and leaving it awhile. Citric acid is supposed to help clean stains off of ceramic and porcelain :cool:

Latest posts