What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I

I think that Faure plays Faure is one of the most personal pieces of classical music I've ever heard. Something just so special about it. And then to think of how long ago it was first created and played, blows the mind.

the interesting thing about that particular recording and post to youtube is that we really don't know if the recording and playback preserves the actual tempo he played it but i really enjoyed the faster than what i was used to version it presents and also enjoy the philosophical ponderings that creates in my noodle. :)

Also, I had no clue Rush was known outside Canada...

there are videos posted of Rush in Rio concert, it is amazing. i've been a fan since 1974ish, i've been to four of their concerts (all early years ones from the mid-to-late-70s) including one time where i intentionally bought backstage up high tickets so i could watch Neil drum. so much fun. :) my first rock concert was Queen Day at the Races tour, 9th row center, Freddie was so awesome, Thin Lizzy was great too and i was also a bit baked that night. i hope i never forget a moment of that all, but i'm sure i have. still, just a great time in rock music.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Another interesting thing is (I found out) there really IS a Chinese Restaurant called Lee Ho Fuk's (It's just in Philadelphia, not SoHo.)

Anyhow
What a beautiful song. Thank you. :)

So what is that Chinese restaurant like? Second thought don't answer I dread to think with a name like that :plbb

You certainly woke me up with this band ;) I love it. I was dancing around my room to this one...

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a beautiful song. Thank you. :)

So what is that Chinese restaurant like? Second thought don't answer I dread to think with a name like that :plbb

You certainly woke me up with this band ;) I love it. I was dancing around my room to this one...

No idea what the restaurant is like. I noted it when I was planning to look for some food in Philly, but never actually went there.

And if you think THAT is a funny name, you should see Foo King in NYC (up on 10th ave in the 40's) or Strange Taste (in Chinatown once).

There was also Yummy Noodle (which wasn't) which isn't all that creepy a name, but had an EXTREMELY creepy mascot (even when compared to Fu Wong's five vampire bats) picture a little girl with WAAY too much makeup on. Every time I saw the place (it's gone now) I thought "Glad they kept the noodle part in English with a sign like that "Yummy Fun" would probably send the wrong idea.)

And as an extension of the first one, there is a dish I am fond of called Fu Can fried rice (it's fried rice with a meat an seafood gravy). Let just say I have to be VERY careful pronouncing it.

The bands reedition of "Excursion around the Bay" is pretty good too even if now I can't listen to it without wondering if the singer actually got away with murdering his wife.

Also try Great Big Sea they do similar work.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just love this song and this girls voice to me it is superb

I really liked the words written on this channel, it's exactly they are exactly the same conclusions i came to believe within myself a long time ago. :)

Don't allow your life too be controlled by five things...

Your past
Other people's opinions
Limited beliefs
Relationships
Money

Love it! :celebrate

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Anticipating tomorrow's rain, a momentary break from burdensome weather, and the opposite of Allan Sherman's problems at camp :D.

Steve

that is always a summer classic. :)

we were too poor to get pawned off at summer camp, but we camped ourselves at the beach for most of the summer. i was so young that i hardly remember most of it but Mom will tell me all about it if we get talking on the topic.

i was trying to come up with a wet and soggy song, but this one is even better... :)

Latest posts