What! why? Not in my bathroom...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol 4 to 6 weeks good. Thistle there is always rule breakers, sounds like dog was over bathed or bathed in wrong shampoo. Funny thing is Basset hounds are known to smell thats why not many are house dogs. Had a family fall in love with one as a puppy. They saw it in a pet shop that dog had a Oder nothing would help :th

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have ways of gettin in no matter how tight of ship you keep. He’s kinda cute

Says the guy who lives on a creek ;).

... We, 12 minutes down the road, have NONE!

I thought every American outside of the desert has tree frogs :).

It's so dry here ... I dumped a bucket of water along the fence line the other day. There are some upside down large pots over there, boards across them, a few pots of perennials, underneath - periwinkle vines. The tree frogs hang out under those pots. One began singing!

No good hearing but DW wasn't around and says she has heard none this year. Fun to have them around but it was years of living in this place before I heard or saw one frog.

Hey, @Ridgerunner -- I'm in the same boat. Yes, it has run aground.

The drain pipe from the kitchen sink has so many 45 & 90 degree fittings that I'm not sure if I could duplication it if it was on a bench in front of me! Besides, I bet it will need to be cut twice to get it out of the floor. Finally, how long would it take me lying under the sink to fix that drain pipe - i remedied the drip with duct tape :rolleyes:. Okay. I need a plumber :(.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
For several years we had a little tree frog winter in our basement, you could hear him croaking but never found him. One spring day I passed him on the stairs, he was coming up and I was going down. I picked him up and put him outside. He was back in the basement the next winter.
We had a similar experience a couple years after we moved into our house... but with garter snakes. :epThere was apparently a snake den in the foundation, and they found their way in... not sure what made them do so in mid-Winter. Over the winter, 5-6 of them appeared in our basement. The basement is unheated, so they were very sluggish & easy to catch. We just put them in a 5 gallon plastic bucket on the coldest part of the basement floor, and they hibernated there until Spring, when we released them.

The garter snakes disappeared a couple years later, we figure a skunk or possum cleaned out the nest. We just saw a couple again this year, though - in the garden, where we are happy to see them. A good sign that the area is not completely urbanized yet... hope we can keep it that way. I love any wildlife that does not eat my garden, doubly so if it kills things that do.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a similar experience a couple years after we moved into our house... but with garter snakes. :epThere was apparently a snake den in the foundation, and they found their way in... not sure what made them do so in mid-Winter. Over the winter, 5-6 of them appeared in our basement. The basement is unheated, so they were very sluggish & easy to catch. We just put them in a 5 gallon plastic bucket on the coldest part of the basement floor, and they hibernated there until Spring, when we released them.

The garter snakes disappeared a couple years later, we figure a skunk or possum cleaned out the nest. We just saw a couple again this year, though - in the garden, where we are happy to see them. A good sign that the area is not completely urbanized yet... hope we can keep it that way. I love any wildlife that does not eat my garden, doubly so if it kills things that do.
I found one in my kitchen and almost did a Marlyn Monreo

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute little tree frog! I adore tree frogs and their croaking is one of my favorite sounds of summer, followed by cicadas.

Dog hair. :th Polly should have been naked, sunburned and shivering for all the wads of hair she dropped in the house. After she died, I thought, there goes the dog hair! Parker shed too, just not as much. He died and took his dog hair with him. Trip comes in the house for maybe an hour at night, takes a nap, then is ready to go back outside. 3 days after Parker died, we got Beaux. He sheds a little, not bad. Then because it has been 100+ degrees, we felt sorry for Trip and let him in the heat of the day. That also worked to cement a friendship between him and Beaux. Back to dog hair...….sigh...…

@Nyboy I never bathe my Great Pyrenees. Never have. It rains, they get filthy, they dry off and all that dirt falls off them and they are back to glowing white. I brush them out in the spring and fall when they shed. for me at least, they are very low maintenance. @thistlebloom I totally understand about that dirt therapy. The GP's get filthy. They dig holes to lay in, I water the holes to help keep them cool and they get filthier. But they are still gleaming white. They don't stink, so why insult them with shampoo? LOL LOL And at this moment, Trip and Beaux are both under the porch in a dirt hole.

Latest posts