Whats your favorite veggie

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
warmfuzzies said:
. . . YUMMM! (Yes I know the melons are really veggies.... but they count as fruits to me. :D)
No, melons are really fruits! They are the fruits of the plants.

And so are tomatoes, eggplants, squash, cucumbers, green beans . . .

. . . oh, never mind.

Steve's digits

Ohwell

Sprout
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I bought some triple sweet jubilee corn picked half an hour earlier at a little stand that a farmer had set up and oh my didn't even cook it but devoured half a dozen in half an hour. I have never tasted anything that sweet and it's a shame I wouldn't taste it this year as I'll be planting only heirloom seeds. Second place has to go to any variety of shelling peas. Just give me a three gallon bucket full of fresh shellers a place where I can enjoy them in peace over a few hours and than a room with no lights that I can recover for the next week thinking about how unsmart I was, and than doing it all over again.

2ndtimearound

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My favorite veggie to grow is broccoli. I love to eat broccoli also, but I love to grow it because it attracts the little cabbage white butterflies. :love (I might have mentioned having a butterfly obsession?)

Favorite veggies to grow and eat are corn (I'm from Nebraska, can't help it) Onions - all kinds and brussels sprouts, preferably with butter sauce! Yum!!:plbb

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Brussel Sprouts! Love 'em! Eating peas off the vine is probably a close second though...

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ahh..i dont think i can chose i like all vegetables :D . They all just have their own flavor and being unique.

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
digitS' said:
warmfuzzies said:
. . . YUMMM! (Yes I know the melons are really veggies.... but they count as fruits to me. :D)
No, melons are really fruits! They are the fruits of the plants.

And so are tomatoes, eggplants, squash, cucumbers, green beans . . .

. . . oh, never mind.

Steve's digits
ahhhh you are right I stand corrected. :lol:

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My favorite veggie to grow is tomatoes... my favorite to eat is pickles but I hate that they take so long to cure.

1chichi

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I love mixed greens like collards, turnips, kale, and mustards. I cook them in chicken broth and maybe a ltttle slice of ham.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
1chichi said:
I love mixed greens like collards, turnips, kale, and mustards. I cook them in chicken broth and maybe a ltttle slice of ham.
So Irish!!!! :lol:

Latest posts