When Do You Eat Salad ?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed has the right idea. Since beginning my weight loss journey many meals are just SALAD. Adding lean ham or cheese makes it feel like a meal and filling. I have been using low fat/no fat Italian dressing and find I like it better than creamy dressings like Thousand Island or Ranch. @Nyboy growing up we seldom had salad! When we did it was put out with the meal. Now when we go out to eat here in the mid-west it is brought after appetizers and before the meal.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy if you prefer eating salads after a meal, tell your server I'm sure they will be happy to oblige. I quite often ask for something different when ordering like lately this one restaurant we've been going to has the tastiest vegetable mix, carrots broccoli, cauliflower, a bit of bok choy? I'm been asking for these instead of fries with a steak sandwich. Of course nosy me had to ask how they're cooked, the answer in their special broth with a touch of Montreal Steak seasoning. Cooked to perfection, tender but still crisp, yummy. I've been experimenting at home, not quite there yet but getting close.
Annette

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have gotten use to eating salad 1st. I don't think I would feel right eating it at different time from rest of table. Bee a very upscale deli makes their salad same way they also add corn and boiled egg. @Pulsegleaner funny I thought it was served last has a plalette cleaner, LOl plate cleaner sounds right.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like salads for lunch as a meal. Lately I been using the Costco or Trader Joe mix of kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cabbage. I like my salads crunchy with a tablespoon of sunflower seeds. I also add a chopped chicken tender to it.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Montreal Steak seasoning
I've researched this seasoning, before! I wonder if it's sold around here ...

Is Mrs Dash available to you? How about Maggi sauce ... altho' I wouldn't put that on a salad or even mixed veggies ... I don't suppose. Maggi sauce is important in my soups and may be in marinades or stir-fries, in limited amounts. Mrs Dash might be in anything! And, that's the way it's been for me just about my entire adult life.

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Steve, Montreal steak seasoning is a Club House LaGrille product, I use it mostly on steak, also use Club House"s Spicy Pepper Medley for a change, never thought of using these for anything else until recently. I believe Mrs. Dash and Maggi is available here but haven't got around to trying it, something new to me to try:).
We have an electric indoor JenAir grill, had it since the 80's, only had to replace the heating element once, it still worked but the metal supports holding it in place finally gave way and we just replaced it last fall along with a new filter.
My Bad, to get back on subject or close to... a grilled veggie salad, toss onions, zucchini, mushrooms and peppers etc. with O.O. a sprinkle of Tarragon or thyme and then a dash of balsamic vinegar when off the grill is a nice change.
Annette

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All this talk about salads got me going I made a shrimp and cucumber salad to go with a couple of slices of ham and a crusty roll tonight.
DSCN7025.JPG

Strawberry cheesecake for dessert, no I didn't bake it hubby brought it home :).

Annette

Latest posts