When Do You Eat Salad ?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey, Pulsegleaner!

Were you referring to the Montreal seasoning?

I can't find it on the Penzey site. Something similar?

Steve

Yes it was.
I just checked with my mom (who's the one who actually buys it, and you are right, she doesn't get it from Penezy's........she gets it from McCormick! That should be even EASIER to find.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We love a seasoning called Nature's Seasoning( a blend of salt, pepper, onion, garlic, celery and parsley...no MSG). ...use it in most of our cooking and salads. I also love Lawry's Garlic salt...a sort of coarse ground garlic salt with parsley flakes in it. We used to use Mrs. Dash but that was many years ago...kind of moved away from that one into the NS and everyone loves it more.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Salad dressing... bought or home made? I very seldom buy a prepared dressing, usually make up something from scratch. For a Caesar the amounts vary as to the size of salad I'm making, I use light Miracle Whip in place of an egg, anchovy paste, a small clove of garlic, a splash of L&P, O.O., Parmesan cheese and the juice from a wedge of lemon, I always cut a couple of lemons into wedges and keep in the freezer in a zip lock just for a Caesar. Pop in the microwave for a few second and ready to squeeze.
Another, O.O. white wine or champagne vinegar, a pinch or two of sugar, a smidge of hot mustard, finely chopped shallots and again a shake or two of Parmesan cheese.
Home made raspberry vinegar (it's sweet) and O.O is another, also use this vinegar on ice cream, son uses it to flavor a martini :).

Annette

Last edited:

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Did you say martini ? I am all ears

You'd have to ask my son about that, never did acquire a taste for them myself. Son and partner are snowbirds they just sold their winter home in Palm Springs and bought a Condo, less upkeep. They are in the throws of remodeling right now. A far cry from his mom's coal miner's shack sigh..... House they just sold had this. I imagine they spent a lot of evenings sitting around this sipping martinis :).
P1010262 2.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Salad with a meal. I used to grow lettuce in the fall/winter/spring. Since we moved, haven't got back into that, but I got out lettuce seeds and I'm going to plant some for spring. I love everything in a salad. I make a carrot salad, grated carrots, raisins, pecans and a glop of mayo to hold it together.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have learned that if I serve it first and delay the main course, it actually gets eaten. :rolleyes:

If I make myself a big bowl of salad for a snack and go sit in the living room, someone comes and perches on the arm of my chair and pecks at it like a greedy little chicken. Hmm, the grass really is greener... o_O

Latest posts