Who has been here the longest?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could have posted a picture about a month ago of a garden pumpkin from down below in my basement.

I can hardly believe how some of them can stay around the longest ... although, not all of my pumpkins (or squash) are mature enuf to stay around very long.

This year, I have neglected to order seeds for my usual Rock Star Jack o'Lantern punkins. Maybe I should finally give the more edible ones a try. It isn't that you can't eat your Jack o'Lantern, it's just that it won't have much flavor.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whaa..? What about those folks *down below* who brag about their year round abilities Huh? Why aren't they posting oodles of pix in the winter and keeping us bored northern folks more garden centered instead of making up random non-garden topics?
I say it's their fault if we stray from garden topics!
Because some of us have rats and not fall/winter gardens!

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, get your garden going. I need someone with sense of humor to torment as @majorcatfish has swam away. Can't aim it all at @Ridgerunner.
Why not? Granted with your aim there might be a lot of collateral damage but I feel quite safe. If the garden weren't so wet I'd go out and take photos just for you.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1739.JPG
Yes, get your garden going. I need someone with sense of humor to torment as @majorcatfish has swam away. Can't aim it all at @Ridgerunner.
Are you talking to me? Cause I don't have a sense of humor. I'm too much the serious type. Do you have yellow squash or apple blossoms yet?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've said this before, but I'll say it again because I think the idea has merit. I think we winter challenged gardeners should start a virtual garden thread. There we can prevaricate and post stolen pictures of what we're "growing" in the throes of snow and ice. There would have to be some ground rules of course. Like nobody below the 35th parallel is allowed, or on the west coast....(this is a joke).
Then I would be happy to be a target, because I think I can dish it back as well as anybody. Just being modest about that of course. :p

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, seed the trouble I go to for you. First these are some of the 21 chicks I hatched about 9 weeks ago and raised in my brooder in the coop.

9W Chick.JPG

9W Coop.JPG

9W GO.JPG

I hatched these in my incubator last night.
Ch Inc.JPG

But I also gave some eggs to a broody. I don't know how many she's hatched but I put those six incubator chicks under her a few moments ago. Most immediately went under her but at least one she hatched came out to say hello.
Ch Broody.JPG

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, seed the trouble I go to for you. First these are soiem of th e21 chicks I hatched about 9 week sago and raised in my brooder in the coop.

View attachment 19110
View attachment 19111

View attachment 19112

I hatched these in my incubator last night.
View attachment 19114
But I also gave some eggs to a broody. I don't know how many she's hatched but I put those six incubator chicks under her a few moments ago. Most immediately went under her but at least one she hatched came out to say hello.
View attachment 19113

I don't think chickens count Ridge.

Latest posts