Who Has Plans Tonight ?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH woke up just before midnight. He decided it was time to get up and woke me as well. I wished him a happy new year and went back to sleep -- sort of -- with DH peeking in every hour or so to see if I was ready to get up. Finally, he got back into bed, completely dressed, and fell asleep. Wouldn't get up at 5:00 am, so I got up alone. DH came out at 8:00.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a little derailed last night when DH got a flat tire on his truck and I had to go get him. His spare was flat too, so we messed around trying to find one that would work with no luck. Missed church, got to party late, was too tired to enjoy it or be good company. Walmart tire dept was actually open today, DH got new ones on both, fixed it and got it back home. We really worried about it being broken into where we had to leave it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you managed to work through the tire problems, @journey11. There's not much worse than car problems after working hours. Ya'll just feel so helpless knowing a few short minutes with a store open and you could solve the problem.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you managed to work through the tire problems, @journey11. There's not much worse than car problems after working hours. Ya'll just feel so helpless knowing a few short minutes with a store open and you could solve the problem.

And wouldn't ya know it, these things always have to happen on weekends or holidays. I cannot count how many times I've had a sick or injured pet on the weekend, or had something in the household go kaput and there is no repairman to be called. These things never happen on warm, sunny afternoons either. :p DH admits he shouldn't have put those new tires off so long. Just put new ones on the front 2 months ago and was hoping to spread out the cost. Truck tires are so expensive!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tires r expensive. Usually when one goes, all r ready to go. When I start picking up nails, etc, I know new tires r soon to follow

Tired don't last as long because they are sold and put on as fast as molded-no curing at all. Mechanic is telling me to put them on trailer and let them sit for a few months-will wear better. I know DD's Firestones didn't make 20,000 out of 40,000 they were rated

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So it's not just my tires? I have mud/snow that I bought late summer 2013, with a 50k rating, and after 13k are looking alarmingly thin.
I looked at my receipt and they subtracted 20k from my actual odometer reading. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or if that's their general practice. They'll be getting a visit from me soon.:rant

So, if I buy tires several months before I actually need them, and let them sit in the garage, they might last longer @seedcorn ?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I'm told. One problem is most places sell them mounted. Need deal in writing that they will mount for free later or defer cost.

Most places want to balance/rotate tires every 6,000 miles. Does make them wear more even, last longer. That was dealers excuse on Firestones that we did it every 10,000!

Tire pressure is single largest culprit of tires not lasting, followed by front end out of alignment.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers everyone! Although I am still awaiting biopsy results, other than some inflammation everything looked OK which was a big relief. It still doesn't answer the question of what is causing the pain/problem, but it does point to a couple of other possibilities for which surgery is fairly common and straightforward, if needed at all.

Latest posts