who likes cycads?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Ponytail Palm makes a great Houseplant!

bonsai12.jpg

The tree fern would be a bit more specific in its needs. I do hope the 'killing' did not cause them to lose their confidence in plants.

P6060015.FirstTreeFern.jpg

Ron :bouquet

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
The Ponytail Palm makes a great Houseplant!

http://976easy.com/bonsai-trees/images/bonsai12.jpg

Ron :bouquet
It does make a nice house plant!

But when it grows a little it is time to put it outside like this one.

These trees are in the yard of my customer today. They also have two more in the back.

Should I have asked them for one? :gig :lol:

Here is the first little fella;

100_8420.jpg

Another angle;

100_8421.jpg

Here is the other one from there front yard.

100_8422.jpg

Joe :cool:

The folks have only been in the house for 3 years. It looks to me like they may be over watering them after looking at these pictures.
I think I will give them a call in the morning and talk with them.

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, those are NICE. Heck YEAH you should have asked for a baby - then you could send it to me! :lol:

I like the cycads. I look forward to my very slow growing sago getting some fronds....

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
Wow, those are NICE. Heck YEAH you should have asked for a baby - then you could send it to me! :lol:

I like the cycads. I look forward to my very slow growing sago getting some fronds....
Why you my friend are in luck! Spring will be amazing around my place.
I am making plants almost everyday now.

I picked up 5 babies today for $1.50 for all of them in one pot.
In the morning I am going back and buy out all that they have left!

Joe

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i dont think ponytails will grow outside here. not sure. too cold.

brokedown, it seems like it takes forever for sago palm pups to sprout out new fronds. it probably wont until the spring... dont water it too much.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
i dont think ponytails will grow outside here. not sure. too cold.

brokedown, it seems like it takes forever for sago palm pups to sprout out new fronds. it probably wont until the spring... dont water it too much.
You are right about them freezing Beef.

And you are also correct about Sagos growing very slow.
Most Sagos around here will only grow one or two rings of leaves a season.

Joe

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Joe, I scored some great plants today that maybe I can share - you have such an AWESOME variety I just don't know what to offer!

Today while waiting for a prescription to get filled at Wallyworld I visited the garden center. They had LOTS of plants clearanced. I came home with 2 new rose bushes ($2.75 each), a monstera deliciosa ($3 for a HUGE plant), a diffenbachia ($.75), and I don't recall what the last thing is. But their normal price for it was $20 and I got it for $5! All in all not a bad treat for a woman who has been put thru the ringer at the DR's and radiologist's....LOL! OH, and I got some Butterfly Irises! For $3!

... dont water it too much
ACK! I just watered it again today! :th

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
Joe, I scored some great plants today that maybe I can share - you have such an AWESOME variety I just don't know what to offer!

Today while waiting for a prescription to get filled at Wallyworld I visited the garden center. They had LOTS of plants clearanced. I came home with 2 new rose bushes ($2.75 each), a monstera deliciosa ($3 for a HUGE plant), a diffenbachia ($.75), and I don't recall what the last thing is. But their normal price for it was $20 and I got it for $5! All in all not a bad treat for a woman who has been put thru the ringer at the DR's and radiologist's....LOL! OH, and I got some Butterfly Irises! For $3!
Good for you my friend, good for you!

You need not worry about what you can do for me but what I can do for you! Wait was that another stolen quote? Ah what ever, I am not looking for a trade when I offer something!

An old garden friend once told me; " Never try to return the favor, but be sure to pass it on!" This is what I like to do.

I have people give me plants all the time. I also share with them what I know about what they have. Most of the time I can help then name many plants that they love but had no clue as to what it was or how to care for it.

Joe

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, one day I WILL return the favor but it will be a surprise and not because I feel I owe you but because I like to share too. One day I will learn how to be as generous as you :bouquet

Latest posts