who likes cycads?

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ive gotten some iris seedlings to bloom the first year, but most of them dont bloom until the spring-summer at 1-1.5 years old. if you started them now they would probably bloom in the fall...

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i passed a yard today that had those angelstrumpets lining a driveway. they had many different colors. i must make these people my friend.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch said:
In my collection today there is also a piece of what beefy calls a "ZZ" plant. Wallyworld had them and one of them had some broken off laying there. So I stuck that broken piece down in my butterfly iris :D
look up how to propagate these. supposedly you can root each leaf tho i never had an success doing that.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok,

My arm is twisted. I want iris seeds!!!!

3269744096_ec659f744f.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the arm, of course, is the one on the right hand side of the picture!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Those are awesome Iris. How long does it take to get from seed to that size of a plant? Bearded Iris can take up to two seasons to mature enough to bloom.

Oh no Joe, nothing normal about your plants. Speaking of which, a good example would be those Plumeria cuttings. How are those doing?

I did take your advice Joe and I cut back the Brugmansia. The stalks are all as big as your Plumeria. I have them in the greenhouse in two vases of water. I would be willing to trade a Brug for a Plumeria!

In Florida a Brugmansia would turn into a real sized tree!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W519nQsOij0/Ste2BaaOZhI/AAAAAAAAIsM/Ld3NKzQefeo/s400/3+Brugmansia+Tree.jpg

Ron
My Plumeria are all doing good. The first load I posted from the lady across the street from me are almost all rooted. I only lost a few little ones from that batch. The second haul, the huge one is also doing well. There are some huge cuttings going on from them!
Not only the ones I post in the rolling tub with seatbelts, but the big branches I did not cut up! All the leaves were removed before I struck them. It looks like a deer burial ground in the yard, with all the antler looking plants everywhere.

Joe

Latest posts