Whole30 Diet

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have been doing good on this diet. We both want bread. Today we skidded sideways.......

The feed store where we buy horse feed has closed for several weeks. I have 2 senior horses, 28 and 30, no way I'm changing feed. So we found the same brand some 40 miles away and bought 20 bags. That ought to hold us for awhile!

Coming back, we came through Edom, Tx where there is a café famous for their chicken fried steak. :drool:drool:drool EEEERRRRKKKKK!!!!!! did y'all hear DH's truck tires screeching into the parking lot?? :lol: We both ordered the chicken fried steak and 2 sides. The waitress brought us 2 fluffy yeast rolls and a cornbread muffin. We devoured them. We could barely finish the steaks and didn't eat much of the sides, mashed potatoes and carrots (must have been cooked in 5 pounds of sugar :sick) for me and mashed potatoes and fried okra for DH. Then the pie....... We split a piece. We left and I felt nauseated. The sweet from the pie was sickening to both of us. We agreed, NO MORE PIE! Back to our vegetables and NOT FRIED meats!

It was all I could do to keep from throwing up when we unloaded the feed. Blech. It can be a long time before I eat another piece of pie or anything that loaded in sugar.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Typically, I have some problems with nausea this time of year.

The cause might be that I have been overeating for about 2 months (3 months, more?). Or, it might be that the sweetness in half of what I'm eating finally overwhelms me. Probably both ...

What little exercise I get during the winter seems to be something of a trigger, too. Part of my motivation for "planned" exercise is to distract me from food. Best if that is done before I'm bloated from stuffing myself.

Steve

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Legendary Church in Gunbarrel Texas
stf_xw0zmv_200x5000.jpg
I told you~Cousin Mike is Pastor in Gunbarrel```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Since last winter when I had my foot surgery, I just never picked up my level of activity back to normal. For me, inactivity leads to pain which leads to depression which leads to inactivity. Started me gaining weight which I have not been able to shed yet.
Oh, and I seem to get hungry just about bedtime. I hear that night time eating is really bad. And somehow, a nice little salad does not quite satisfy at midnight.
I have been going to the gym, so hopefully the increased activity will start paying off soon.

How's that foot today~ healed well```

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have been doing good on this diet. We both want bread. Today we skidded sideways.......

It can be a long time before I eat another piece of pie or anything that loaded in sugar.

The diet is interesting. I am not sure what I am going to do, but I have GOT TO DO SOMETHING. DS said he is amazed I can function on the small amount of food I eat, but I am doing something wrong. I think there is still too many empty calories. I am starting to have pain for no reason. Lack of exercise, lack of some nutrient, too much of something? I had about 3 days of feeling excellent and then pain came back. I am not sure what i did or did not do.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits if you haven't already, cut out sugar and sugar substitutes. None. Eat meat and vetables, heavy on the vegetables. Go light on carbs. I believe you need carbs, but not a lot. No processed food. Dairy-that's up to you. And take a good multivitamin.

What is your pain from and where is it? I have arthritis in my left knee and generally have a hitch in my git along. I take turmeric mixed with coconut oil for the inflammation.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I agree on backing off carbs, most (mainly myself?) need to burn calories to lose weight long term. Activity will allow muscle to replace fat. Problem is muscle is more dense than fat. Clothes fit better but weight could go up in short term.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The diet is interesting. I am not sure what I am going to do, but I have GOT TO DO SOMETHING. DS said he is amazed I can function on the small amount of food I eat, but I am doing something wrong. I think there is still too many empty calories. I am starting to have pain for no reason. Lack of exercise, lack of some nutrient, too much of something? I had about 3 days of feeling excellent and then pain came back. I am not sure what i did or did not do.

i'm sorry you are having pain (in the foot?) i'm in a spot where if i don't get enough exercise my knee and back will hurt and if i get too much it can also be a problem, but not as bad.

and i'm also at the point where i can watch every calorie but will still put on weight because my metabolism shuts down if i don't exercise enough.

carbs, ..., haven't met many i didn't like. trying to have fewer but not always possible (we cook and bake quite often not for ourselves, but because of growing up poorer at times it is a major no no for me to waste or throw away food. even if it is barely edible. i just can't do it)... the past few weeks i'm pretty sure i've gained back a few lbs.

when something affects mobility that is when i do see a doctor just in case there is something else going on which can be corrected. i also work with a chiropractor and massage therapist to keep me moving.

i hope you get it figured out soon GWR! :)

Latest posts