Whole30 Diet

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy we waste very very little food here. we don't have a lot of space for food storage and the way Mom cooks for many people means that fridge space is up and down so that every few weeks we've gone through and moved things and checked and asked if we need it or should eat it up or ...

the worm farm gets all food scraps and food prep scraps. i really don't want any animals to take care of outside. the worms may not deal with some things quickly, but they will get it done eventually, the odd bits of bone may take several years, but they can be buried in a garden and eventually they get broken down.

there are so many predators around here. i just wouldn't have any fun worrying about outdoor animals i was supposed to be taking care of. too many would be raccoon, etc food in the end. i really like to keep things simple - worms are that.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today for lunch we had leftover pork roast, a green salad and fruit medley. I sectioned two grapefruit, cut up a mango, added 2 cups of frozen blueberries we picked in July, shredded unsweetened coconut and pecans. We'll eat the rest of the fruit tonight. Yummy!

IMG_2391.JPG

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today for lunch we had leftover pork roast, a green salad and fruit medley. I sectioned two grapefruit, cut up a mango, added 2 cups of frozen blueberries we picked in July, shredded unsweetened coconut and pecans. We'll eat the rest of the fruit tonight. Yummy!

oh that makes me hongrey just lookin' at it! :) *drools*

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That does look good. Grapefruit sounds so good but ...... can’t have it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tonight we had riced cauliflower. It was a frozen bag of white stuff, some green peas, minute shreds of carrot and green onion. On the back was a recipe for fried rice. So I added fresh garlic and ginger, along with a scrambled egg. I chopped the last of the leftover pork roast and added that. It was good, if a bit underwhelming. I sure wouldn't want to eat riced cauliflower imitation rice forever. It was ok, but it ain't REAL rice!

Desert will be the last of the fruit salad. Later. Full on imitation rice.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits if you haven't already, cut out sugar and sugar substitutes. None. Eat meat and vetables, heavy on the vegetables. Go light on carbs. I believe you need carbs, but not a lot. No processed food. Dairy-that's up to you. And take a good multivitamin.

What is your pain from and where is it? I have arthritis in my left knee and generally have a hitch in my git along. I take turmeric mixed with coconut oil for the inflammation.

I have been wondering about sugar. Mostly my neck and head and my left hip. I think the hip pain could be fixed with being more active. My head and neck is better and I am not sure. I think I had some kind of either sinus infection or I am having a reaction to the smoke from the woodstove. My friend in Kansas caught a cold and was coughing and sick and remembered she had made elderberry tonic a few years ago with vodka and she started drinking that and got well fast, so I steamed some elderberries and started drink a glass of juice and put some cinnamon in it and I think maybe it did help me because I got better pretty fast. I might have caught something in the ER when I took DD to the hospital the end of November because I got sick after that. I had about 3 days and I felt great and then the head and neck pain came back. It makes my teeth hurt kind of like tension where my teeth seem to not meet right when closing my mouth. Might be sitting at my desk too much, but I am better, but have not lost an ounce. I am thinking of the whole 30 and just have toast with my breakfast and see how it goes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, we did it. We completed our Whole30 and have done a good job of staying off so much sugar. DH still craves sweets, me-it's the chocolate! But we are better about it. I lost 3 pounds, DH lost 9 pounds. We have eaten better and healthier. Tomorrow is Super Bowl, we invited a friend over and I'm going to cook chili and go for all the goodies, cheese, fritos and chopped onions. We are taking a small break, then back on the diet.

My weight is 145, DH is 225.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule congrats. right back to it. :)

i'm up 3 lbs, way too many sweets this month. chocolate is always a weak spot. cutting back on as much as i can is tough this time of the year. the other day i wanted some warm food, had half a peanut butter sandwich, nuked bread so it was warm, but then i was still hungry and cold so made some onion soup too, which looked rather lonely in the bowl so added another slice of bread to soak up some of it. so much for eating half ration... etc. :) just one day at a time. certainly slipped yesterday eating out, burger and a hot fudge sundae with pecans.

we're due for some snow so perhaps i'll finally get some shovelling in again...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD was over, yesterday.

After she left, DW said that she had lost weight. I wish I'd asked about her diet. She and DSIL began about the same time as you did, Bay'.

If you all lost #'s that quickly with no other life changes, I think this might be a real good thing. Of course, you must be missing all those pancakes your DH used to make for your breakfast-in-bed ;).

Steve

Latest posts