Why are we here?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am here because it is fun to hang out with such a diverse group of people who share a love of gardening. I started on BYC, SS and settled here because of the wonderful people I found here. :thumbsup

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I see the fractured last sentence now.

Ya know, is your "enter" button maybe loose or have a weak little plastic spring under it?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw the link from byc and joined to learn more about gardening. I love the people here and feel like I have many friends. My family calls them my "invisible" friends. It's wonderful hearing about gardening in different parts of the u.s. and seeing all those wonderful pictures! Of course, I do get jealous when I see those hugh plots of land and gardens!

Mary

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I origionally got here from BYC, I like the folks here more than other forums. Also we had planned on growing a garden when our girls outgrew the swingset, trampoline, and swimming pool ect. I found my way over here to learn about soil amendments and such, and never left. My busy time for working happens to be during garden season, so I dont get to spend much time here this time of year. Plus as the saying goes, " I am here, because I'm not all there" LOL...:)

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am here because my husband and I bought 1 acre out in the county. Here in SC. Now, both of us being transplants from other states, neither of us had any clue as to what the local plants are. Or what grows best in this area, zone and environment.
So, I went a looking online. First I found DavesGarden. Then, DH wanted chickens. So I ended up in BYC. It is fun to learn new things and make new friends. :happy_flower

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
. . . veer off and try to bully people into thinking like them . . .
At the risk of being too political, I will suggest something about the general population. A Wall Street Journal/NBC poll came out today. Among other things, it found that:

13% of liberals think the Supreme Court is too liberal.

18% of conservatives think it is too conservative.

No, I didn't misplace the self-identified labels. There are probably about this percentage of people who will only find agreement in a community of 1. That means, there are quite a few of them! They will never be satisfied with another person's opinion.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like your signature line Steve. First, I love Monty Python, so irrelevant yet so in tune with the world.

And the Lady of the Lake has special significance to me. It involves a blustering Eagle and a Cub Scout that fell into a swamp. That ceremony brought a grown man, a good friend of mine, to tears.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like it because I can bounce ideas off of people. Its a jack of all trades, moderate minded, tolerant, supportive people that I really enjoy talking with. Some of the specialty boards I've seen get a little too wound up on things and I just don't have the patience for that. Its like you have to be at a 201 level of caring for _____ to be apart of the club or your looked down upon and commented on accordingly. I mostly lurk on those places and only when I have an issue and use their search option ;)

I'm not new to growing things but there are times when I'm stuck, or need an opinion, or to confirm what I'm already suspecting, or need to vent. Its a great group of people and honestly the place I spend the most time on.

I'm just glad to be apart of things here.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wandered over from BYC because I had an iris bed that was changing color and was wondering what was up with it.
Then I discovered how wonderful the people here are, and now I'm here all the time.
Have to say that I was tickeled to see all the chicken threads 'bloom' over the past year. :D
It's a great place to think 'out loud' about garden plans (and just about anything else). And yall are the most creative folks!! I'm constantly getting ideas that I can (try to) implement in my own life.

:hugs

Latest posts