Why are we here?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like cane, I'm glad the chicken threads are growing. I don't lurk on byc anymore. I didn't think the people were very nice over there.

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Like cane, I'm glad the chicken threads are growing. I don't lurk on byc anymore. I didn't think the people were very nice over there.

Mary
I have run into a few nasty people over there too!!! I asked a question about ventilation on there once and got a snotty remark. He told me if I even had to ask that question the I obviously did not have enough to begin with.
My reply was,,, Well when you are new to raising chickens you have a lot of questions. Sorry to have bothered you and wasting your time.

That's when Monty told me to join this site. :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
dewdrops, I have even met some of these people in person and they still weren't very nice. They thought they were superior to everyone else. and very cliquish.

Mary

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:/ I hate snobby people.... just ruins my whole day when I have nasty conversations with them. I try to avoid people like that.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I prefer to think that they are just very passionate about their hobby. :cool:

eta: I pretty much just stick to a couple of threads. The Virginia one, to keep tabs on who's got what and what's going on. And the Random Pictures one, cause it's just funny and cool and sometimes poignant.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still spend time on BYC, more in winter when we slow down and less when things are hopping over here. I think one of the big differences is that we are a community where we kind of know each other, even if I cant always remember where people are located without help from their profile. I feel much more comfortable over here, joking around and just enjoying being with people. We can discuss things without getting our feelings hurt and there is a ton of actual experience here.

Over there, there are just too many people. Its real easy to be snotty when you are totally anonymous. There are a lot of people that read something on the internet so now theyre experts, even if they dont realize there is a difference in someone keeping four hens in a small urban backyard versus having large flocks free ranging in the country. Heck, they dont even know there is a difference in climate between Miami and Duluth in January. I think the kids are the worst. By kids Im talking about maturity, not chronological age.

Ill still go over there and try to help people out. I know Ill never dispel those urban myths that abound over there and Im a bit more careful who I talk to, but I still enjoy it. And Im still learning a lot over there, with genetics and hatching being high on my learn to love about list.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like it here. Yes RidgeRunner...more friendly over here. I try to learn over there, ask questions, or contribute...but am pretty much just not acknowledged. So..I just read there....and post here. :clap

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a few threads on byc that I keep up with. I visit the learning center other than that I'm here more than there. :D It's a lot more relaxed here. I have found a few ladies over on byc that "seem" pretty nice....

They have been teasing me about the name of our road. :/ :D

Lovers Lane.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you think chicken boards can get snarky you ought to see some of the rabbit boards. Thank goodness for Rabbit Talk. That board is a lot like this one; friendly folks with a lot of knowledge more than willing to share that knowledge with beginners.

Latest posts