WHY talk about an Air Fry Toaster Oven on the Herbs Forum?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a cook for years (college jobs, and food service career until I switched to high tech at 45 yr old), it was a repetitive piece of equipment for me. I can do things similar without another piece of black shiney machine in my cupboards. I sold it and the lady was thrilled!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a cook for years (college jobs, and food service career until I switched to high tech at 45 yr old), it was a repetitive piece of equipment for me. I can do things similar without another piece of black shiney machine in my cupboards. I sold it and the lady was thrilled!!

we just don't have the counter space for a lot of gadgets. like you we already have all the other things that work for us. we don't deep fry cook - i think the last time i did something like that was when i was a teen before i went off to college. the microwave, oven, stove top (cast iron pan or big pans to make large batches of things that we'll eat and freeze portions to later reheat) and toaster work ok for everything. we have a crock-pot that we use probably two or three times a year, but i'd rather roast something in the oven instead if i'm going that route as i don't like the temperature controls on the crock pot.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
we just don't have the counter space for a lot of gadgets. like you we already have all the other things that work for us. we don't deep fry cook - i think the last time i did something like that was when i was a teen before i went off to college. the microwave, oven, stove top (cast iron pan or big pans to make large batches of things that we'll eat and freeze portions to later reheat) and toaster work ok for everything. we have a crock-pot that we use probably two or three times a year, but i'd rather roast something in the oven instead if i'm going that route as i don't like the temperature controls on the crock pot.
With the computer controls I have been consolidating the functions where I can. The toaster oven may move enough air to be an air fryer but I wish it was also a microwave.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What is an " Air Fryer " ?? Like a toaster oven with a fan ??
I had the same question. It turns out to be a super convective airspeed fan setting while baking or roasting. The countertop unit I have has 3 settings, No fan, regular convection, super convection. There is an airfryer setting and I am pretty sure it turns on all the elements, but the fans can be used in other modes as well.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DD's are buying a new HD shelving unit to go at the top of the stairs to the basement, where there is a door from the kitchen and a generous landing. That way, DD can store her new air fryer and save counter space, then haul it out as needed.

Latest posts