WHY talk about an Air Fry Toaster Oven on the Herbs Forum?

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nooo! i don't need any more! i'm trying to get rid of what i have. which is what i should be doing right now instead of reading about beans.
I have a personal aquisition problem. Knockouts were on off season sale.
157765842439570620832145398728.jpg

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, never heard of this game ~ thought people were stealing one thing after another of items that belonged to you ```
It has been around long enough to morph into some variations. One sees the return of the most terrible present in a re-gifting. There was a stuffed duck that sat on the arm of your tv recliner and had wings with pockets that hung down to hold your various remotes. That duck showed up for at least 5 years in a row.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been eyeballin the sunniest spots!

we have some rescues from ones we planted a few years ago that eventually died off due to borers and deer eating them at a relative's place. we replaced the plants and took the roots and bits that were left and put them out back along a fence (inside the fence :) ) and they've managed to grow and even give off some blooms.

years ago we planted 30 rose bushes in a lot of the then perennial gardens inside the fence and with our heavy clay soil and flash flooding they were all gone within a few years from black rot. so we've not bought any more to replace them.

Mom loves roses and i used to grow a garden of various ones for her at the place where i grew up. when i had extra i'd give them to the Mom's around the neighborhood.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
we have some rescues from ones we planted a few years ago that eventually died off due to borers and deer eating them at a relative's place. we replaced the plants and took the roots and bits that were left and put them out back along a fence (inside the fence :) ) and they've managed to grow and even give off some blooms.

years ago we planted 30 rose bushes in a lot of the then perennial gardens inside the fence and with our heavy clay soil and flash flooding they were all gone within a few years from black rot. so we've not bought any more to replace them.

Mom loves roses and i used to grow a garden of various ones for her at the place where i grew up. when i had extra i'd give them to the Mom's around the neighborhood.
I am hopeful (after killing every rose species I have purchased) that a shrub rose finds it nice where I choose. You will never tell a rose what to do, I have learned. Here in this pic it is almost 10:30am. Way out there and to the right is the morning sun. The sun rises higher in the summer too. This pic is maybe 9 days past winter solstice.
15778084227409052634849749919852.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have memories of a rose hedge at my great aunt's antebellum plantation home in Louisiana. It was HUGE, tall and wide, no telling how many years old it was. It was quite impressive when it was in bloom.

Latest posts