WHY talk about an Air Fry Toaster Oven on the Herbs Forum?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes I did not go down the dirty santa path at first either and then thought "whew! glad it was the gift game!".

we had a dirty santa one year when some people decided to steal all our presents and other things on Christmas day. we had to run out to pick up my brothers from a hockey game and then stopped to get a bite to eat. as we were sitting there at the restaurant i said something about us getting ripped off again (we'd been broken into before) and how that would suck. i still don't know what i got for Christmas that year.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stolen ~ where were you that these things were lifted ```
We have a White Elephant Christmas party. Every one brings a gift. We count who’s playing and draw numbers. 1 goes first, 2 can steal 1’s present or get one under the tree. And so on, the most a present can be stolen is 3 times. When your present is stolen you can steal someone else’s or pick one from under the tree. It is a lot of fun and much easier than trying to buy presents for 20 something people. A lot cheaper too! We buy presents for the children, adults do the White Elephant party. Teenagers get to do both. We have done it for many years.

My daughter wound up with the air fryer, I wound up with the hand mixer she wanted, so we traded. LOL

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is hurtful in some ways but at the same time I just wonder if those people needed it that badly and what their world must be like.

yes, we had some likely suspects. people we knew as friends who turned out to not be friends after all. yes, they didn't have a very good life and i did feel bad for them, but they also didn't work so...

to me i do like my stuff but i can survive without it too so i'm not heartbroken when it goes away.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@baymule , glad you got your air fryer After all!
This "White Elephant" gift party stuff is notorious for great/bad gifts. DH went to one this year and got a large bottle of beer and a cheap cigar.
DD won't do the one at her office, although I have some old, never used electronics I would like to give away.
I suggested that if she is Ever in change of one of these, to get shoeboxes, and wrap them so that the lid is free, then tell everyone the gift has to fit the shoebox. You will never know what it is until you open it.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
yes, we had some likely suspects. people we knew as friends who turned out to not be friends after all. yes, they didn't have a very good life and i did feel bad for them, but they also didn't work so...

to me i do like my stuff but i can survive without it too so i'm not heartbroken when it goes away.
You can always have some of my stuff. I was out considering a new roofline on my shed today even.

Latest posts