Windows

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The river birch and paper birch are my fav. But as trees for the landscape they do not see very long lived. (Maybe just around here?)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You poor, abused, confused men. I have to agree with @thistlebloom on this one. When my husband gives me a gift, I treasure it. He has learned that I am easy to buy for, I like things like hand tools, 5 pound boxes of deck screws, a used horse/stock trailer, lumber, my tractor, more tools. I told him a long time ago not to bother me with jewelry, collectibles (I hate them, they are useless and have to be dusted) and other gee-gaws that I can't do anything with.

I am better on the computer than he is, so I do the research, then present to him what I have found. Then we decide or I tell him based on ……… this would be the better buy.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got a stainless steel rabbiting spade for Xmas one year. I was over the moon, I sometimes forget a tool out in the garden :hide

To prove my point...
DSCN1661.JPG

This is why my garden has a name....
DSCN4123.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
One year for Christmas my man bought me a Stihl weed whip. The guy that sold it to him was horrified that he was actually giving it to me as a Christmas gift even though dh assured him I would love it.
Every one he confided my gift in told him he was crazy. The poor guy felt so guilty that he bought me some little diamond stud earrings too. :love

I was so impressed with his courage - the guy that hates shopping so much that he doesn't even like hardware stores actually went into a jewelry store to get me something he thought I'd like. THAT was brave!
I still have the weed whip and the earrings, and sometimes you can see me out there wacking weeds down with a sparkle in my ears. :lol:

I love that guy!

Latest posts