Windows

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, there are 8 windows total. The guy who made them never repeats his work. Green is my husband's favorit color and I just had to have bevel glass. So no one else will have my windows which I could care less about. He had a beautiful one in his portfolio that I wanted but he said no, haha.

Mary

those curved shapes are very very difficult, so very nice. :) treasures for sure!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, there are 8 windows total. The guy who made them never repeats his work. Green is my husband's favorit color and I just had to have bevel glass. So no one else will have my windows which I could care less about. He had a beautiful one in his portfolio that I wanted but he said no, haha.

Mary
Was there a stain glass there originally ?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was there a stain glass there originally ?
No and all I could see were rooftops if curtains were open. Wanted more light so had these windows done.

I want another one across from from the dining room cause again all I can see is my neighbors roof.

Mary

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No, took vaca this week to visit area g’parents From. Avoiding that window call as whatever I do will be wrong. :)

Please tell me that "whatever I do will be wrong" is not a universal husband statement. That seems to pop out of all the husbands around here, I think they have it on speed dial.

Annette

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please tell me that "whatever I do will be wrong" is not a universal husband statement. That seems to pop out of all the husbands around here, I think they have it on speed dial.

Annette
:yuckyuck I hear it here ALL THE TIME :somad

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not necessarily a universal statement but in certain areas, absolutely. That comes from experience on so many different levels. I don't try to buy a gift for my wife, she wont like it no matter what I do. She used to use a certain jeweler and commented a few times how much she liked her (the jeweler's) stuff and that the jeweler made good recommendations. One time I went to that jeweler for a recommendation. She remembered my wife and said she'd like this. Nope, it was returned for exchange. I once bought her the exact same perfume she had used for years as I had just overheard her tell her sister-in-law and best friend how much she liked it and was about out. Of course, she told me that she was planning on switching to a different perfume when that bottle ran out. It did not take long to learn that the only way I bought her a present was for her to show me precisely what she wanted. Now she just buys for herself.

If I try to set up some social occasion it would never go smoothly. If I choose a restaurant or a fast food place, even if we go there regularly, there are always problems. I learned very quickly to not even think about any style or color suggestion for anything around the house. Several times I'm sure she asks for my opinion so she knows what not to choose.

There are some things I'll make the decision on, so no it is not universal. Sometimes I can influence a decision, often by carefully asking questions but leaving the final decision up to her. If it is important to me I'll resist or put my foot down, but for the most part it's just not worth the pain and aggravation. Is the response on speed dial? No, but i think very carefully before i make a suggestion or a decision. Experience is a hard task manager.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not necessarily a universal statement but in certain areas, absolutely. That comes from experience on so many different levels. I don't try to buy a gift for my wife, she wont like it no matter what I do. She used to use a certain jeweler and commented a few times how much she liked her (the jeweler's) stuff and that the jeweler made good recommendations. One time I went to that jeweler for a recommendation. She remembered my wife and said she'd like this. Nope, it was returned for exchange. I once bought her the exact same perfume she had used for years as I had just overheard her tell her sister-in-law and best friend how much she liked it and was about out. Of course, she told me that she was planning on switching to a different perfume when that bottle ran out. It did not take long to learn that the only way I bought her a present was for her to show me precisely what she wanted. Now she just buys for herself.

If I try to set up some social occasion it would never go smoothly. If I choose a restaurant or a fast food place, even if we go there regularly, there are always problems. I learned very quickly to not even think about any style or color suggestion for anything around the house. Several times I'm sure she asks for my opinion so she knows what not to choose.

There are some things I'll make the decision on, so no it is not universal. Sometimes I can influence a decision, often by carefully asking questions but leaving the final decision up to her. If it is important to me I'll resist or put my foot down, but for the most part it's just not worth the pain and aggravation. Is the response on speed dial? No, but i think very carefully before i make a suggestion or a decision. Experience is a hard task manager.
A Smart Man you are ;)

Latest posts