Wood Burning Stoves

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Replace the chain. Here can get them sharpened for $10. Put a rookie on a saw, they can get mangled real bad, real fast. I’ve known experienced men taken to hospital.

I don’t regret one season of burning, just want you aware of risks. I’d have one in a heart beat. Thieves stole my saw, so I quit cutting. I do miss it as I’m using an old Homelite I had. It makes cutting work. I’m too cheap to buy a good one again.

How did a city boy end up with 4 chain saws?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would love to have maple. Now and then I have some from a pile of wood a client gave me. They took down some big (relatively) Japanese maples that were diseased. Most of the wood they gave us is ancient and dirty so we use it in the fire ring. But when I run across some of those JM logs I hoard them for the woodstove.

@seedcorn , I'm glad to hear you say that wood heat is the best. I forgive your redneck stovepipe comment. Haha.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When i bought the country house it was empty for 10 to 15 depending what neighbor you ask. The whole yard was so over grown with trees and brush you could only see the roof of house. The little money I had went to inside of house, the yard clearing i did. That 1st year I cut down many trees. When the saw stopped cutting easy not knowing better I bought a new one. I would bet my bottom dollar there are not 4 in my shed. Equipment has a habit of following my nephew home

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
House had a wood burning fire place in livingroom. Stacked against house next to kitchen door was wood pile. The very first log I picked up a snake slithered out from under. When I woke up from fainting I called propane man to convert my fireplace to gas. I put a free firewood sign in driveway

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:th Oh, NY!!! This forum would be so very boring without you on it.... :lol:

I second that, Alex you are a real treasure, you always put a smile on my face, that is if I'm not choking on my coffee.
Note to self.... if reading a post from Alex do not be drinking coffee or anything else it could be dangerous to my health.

Annette

Latest posts